Best MRT or Train station food/cafe

What is your choice in Kao or Taipei, I like the curry cafe at 美麗島MRT (Meirido or Forumosa Blvd. MRT), the underground area near the glass dome

6 Likes

Somtum Der in Taipei Station 2F.

1 Like

That reminds me, I must stock up on some more Imodium.

10 Likes

Really? I’ve been there and I didn’t like it at all.

It’s the most authentic place around in that price range, in my book! Why didn’t you like it?

It was a while ago so I only remember it being really bland.

For Thai food, Thai Made is good.

I always wanted to go there. I’ll check it out.

Also in Taipei MRT station area I like ueshima-coffee. (Kinda hidden in the maze)

In Kaohsuing here is MRT station new food hall
美麗島 - 高雄捷運全球資訊網 (krtc.com.tw)

3 Likes

Good call! Ueshima Cafe is a dignified retreat in Taipei Main near the Blue Line area—if you can find it. :upside_down_face:

Guy

You can choose a mild curry haha. Shop is run by nice Japanese person. The underground is like Japan city.

2 Likes

Taoyuan train station has a place that does nice fried chicken.

1 Like

Nice ! Is that part of the new station if open yet?

1 Like

It’s just in the big standard bit, where the train to/from Taipei departs from. I can’t remember it’s name, but I think its the onyl fried chicken place there.

1 Like

“K” District Underground Mall, Near M4 MRT Exit (wherever that is!).

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/79fzEHp9w2FmiWp57

Coffee looks good… but beware their “sandwitches” or they’ll cast a spell on you! (Their spelling!) LOL

2 Likes

Also Curry at the MUJI cafe next to Ganghan KMRT is nice, does Taipei Muji’s now have cafes

2 Likes

The large MUJI in the basement level of the Hanshin Department Store (accessible via Taipei City Hall MRT Station on the Blue Line) has a cafe with food; one of the Shinkong Mitsukoshi Department Stores in the Xinyi District also has a MUJI cafe with drinks.

More curry, please! :yum:

Guy

2 Likes

Sounds great, did you try the curry?

1 Like

Not yet. Somehow Taipei is fully of good curry shops (including Sato Curry, No Name Curry, etc) so I have not ventured to try MUJI Cafe curry…

Guy

Went today, but only had a beer at Muji. Nice location next to station, in shopping complex someone told is like ones in Canada or Mexico, open air one.

Also nice ramen, run by group of people from Japan, I can practice Japanese haha, and best ramen I try in Taiwan Metro Station Merido (Station Boulevard Formosa )

2 Likes