Best news source in Taiwan?

Best news source is an oxymoron.

Living in Taiwan and traveling to other countries in the region at least monthly, I get my best (unbiased, accurate, timely without all the bizzarre additives) news about Taiwan when traveling outside of Taiwan.

I disagree. It covers mostly political events with no analysis, no crime, no culture, no sports unless it’s about Wang Jianmin, no investigative reporting, no entertainment news, etc. If there is a Hakka salt pork festival in Miaoli, you can be sure they’ll cover that,though. :unamused:[/quote]

You complain there’s no culture and then whinge about our excellent salt pork festival coverage! Oh, the injustice of it all!!!

I well remember people like you who trashed our [color=#FFFFFF]admittedly lame[/color] attempts at international news coverage. And now when we put in some local flavour (pun intended, you deserve it :slight_smile: ) you still grumble!

If I was in a generous mood I might say that the accuracy of the rest of your comment does highlight the budget constraints under which we operate. The concentration on politics reflects the lack of viewers.

I currently live in the States but visit Taiwan every year or so. I get most of my Taiwan news from Google alerts (keyword Taiwan) and ICRT podcasts (admittedly, only about 3-4 minutes of news, plus 1 minute of Taiwan weather).

Although they don’t have many updates, I occasionally read Commonwealth Magazine (cw.com.tw/english/). Not sure what other forumosans think about it?