Best night market for pets? Chiefly, rabbits?

Me and the GF are looking to get a rabbit? There’s a pet store near use that has some but prices for water bottles, the cage, bedding etc are really expensive. Anyone know of a night market selling rabbits/rabbit supplies at a lower cost?

Don’t want to go spending a fortune on a cage if there’s some for half the price at a night marker.

As a rabbit owner here in Taiwan I have some information…

First, it is a cute pet but takes time like any other pet. If you have it in a cage, get the biggest one you can find. I got a large dog cage for about 1100nt. Be sure to put something on the bottom so it doesn’t hurt its feet having to climb around on the wires.

Water bottles vary in quality, but even that it isn’t something you will need to take a loan out to purchase.

If kept in a cage, you really should let it run around and get exercise every day.

They shed a ton in the summer (obvious I know) but you can brush them with a fine brush (sold at pet shops) and they will need their nails clipped every once and a while. Which means special clippers for animals, as well as ‘septic’ which stops the bleeding if you happen to cut the nail a little too far. TRUST ME by accident it happens and you will really curse yourself if you don’t have septic to stop the bleeding.

Front teeth grow for its whole life, so it will need wood (bought at the pet shops, not at DIY shops) to chew on and play with.

Neuter or Spaying is about 1500nt.

Good pet, but be mindful that it is a living creature and takes time to care for not just leave in a cage and let it sit.

[quote=“tcarnagan”]As a rabbit owner here in Taiwan I have some information…

First, it is a cute pet but takes time like any other pet. If you have it in a cage, get the biggest one you can find. I got a large dog cage for about 1100nt. Be sure to put something on the bottom so it doesn’t hurt its feet having to climb around on the wires.

Water bottles vary in quality, but even that it isn’t something you will need to take a loan out to purchase.

If kept in a cage, you really should let it run around and get exercise every day.

They shed a ton in the summer (obvious I know) but you can brush them with a fine brush (sold at pet shops) and they will need their nails clipped every once and a while. Which means special clippers for animals, as well as ‘septic’ which stops the bleeding if you happen to cut the nail a little too far. TRUST ME by accident it happens and you will really curse yourself if you don’t have septic to stop the bleeding.

Front teeth grow for its whole life, so it will need wood (bought at the pet shops, not at DIY shops) to chew on and play with.

Neuter or Spaying is about 1500nt.

Good pet, but be mindful that it is a living creature and takes time to care for not just leave in a cage and let it sit.[/quote]

Cheers

Where did you get the dog cage for that price? The shop near me is selling small cages for 3000nt which is ridiculous and the main reason for me wanting to find a night market selling them. One of the main reasons we want one is so we can take it out for walks and such along the park on a leash. The apartment won’t allow dogs but is ok with rabbits so we’re going with one of them instead.

Also what do you mean by septic?

There’s a lot of pet stores around “Tonghua Street Night Market”. South of Linjiang Street and Keelung Road Section 2 intersection in Xinyi district. (They’re all on the west side of Keelung Road. roughly around coordinates 25.026934, 121.555323)

There’s also a pet shop in Raohe Night market somewhere inside.

[quote=“The_Ghost”]

Cheers

Also what do you mean by septic?[/quote]

He means Styptic. it is normally a paste or a powder that is applied to the bleeding nail to stop the blood from flowing. mostly talc, but some have other shit in them as well to cause blood vessels to contract, like aluminium sulfate. Often a set of dog nail clippers will have a little stick of a styptic paste inside one of the handles for easy access.

Please adopt, don’t buy. Yes, animal organizations have plenty of rabbits to choose from, already checked by vets, cared well and loved. Pet stores treat them like shoes or other accessories and they have no medical care in those places, plus they are cramped in cages making it more likely to catch something and then die within a week after you purchase them. Please don’t. It is heartbreaking and fosters the trade.

And yes, it will be cheaper, long term and short term wise, regarding both care and upkeep.

I was just at the pet show last weekend. There’s an organization called Rabbit SOS for stray rabbit rescue and they have a bunch of rabbits up for adoption. Sadly yesterday was the last day for the pet show, but you can visit their website and facebook page.

facebook.com/rabbitsos

rabbitsos.pixnet.net/blog