Best Pizza in Taipei

Yeah, dosage is tricky with edibles. I’m talking about chocolate, of course…

I get scolded for eating non Italian pizza so I don’t eat maryjane anymore. Although it’s not bad. I would definitely eat it. But solo is really great. I often go. They can sell out past 730-8pm though. So don’t go too late.

I also vote for Zoca–best pizza in town, especially if the proprietor Frederico is at the pizza oven.

Solo Pizza is highly impressive for its price point and also fast and friendly, though the quality of their ingredients is clearly a step below what Zoca can offer.

That’s my 2NTD.

Guy

1 Like

I will echo all the Oggi. Best in Taiwan, IMHO. There are a few runners up in my neck of the woods. A M&P a few click East of here and an M&P coffee shop that serves light dinners. Pizza is great at both, although the former is reservation only, and the latter is rather pricey.

Have you guys ever tried the Samba Pizza at XinYi Mitsukoshi A4?
For me, that’s the best, but I’m kind of suspect to say anything about a Brazilian restaurant… :brazil::tada:

That’s cool, always wanted to try their store in Tienmu but never got around to it.

Not a exclusive pizza place. But antico forno has pretty good pizza in Rui an street in daan.

https://g.co/kgs/4tSFtP

I recommend Jamie Oliver’s restaurant, their pizza margharita is good

Any idea if you need a reservation or can just walk in?

I have to disagree. It’s awful. I think they adapted the food to american/Taiwanese style tastes. And it’s pretty pricey for small portions as well.

But i guess everyone has different tastes. But for me, I think there are much better options. I just didn’t like any of their food, it just never wowed me. Especially for that price.

Depends on what time you go there, sometimes you can just go inside immediately, but when it’s busy you need to wait a little bit :slight_smile:

Really? I thought their pizza was pretty good, but a little bit too much olive oil for me haha.
The best pizza I’ve tried in Taiwan was from a restaurant in Taichung called Pinococo, I think their Italian food tastes suuper good, unfortunately they don’t have one in Taipei😭

Try solo pizza, it’s my favorite in taipei. Antico forno also has good pizza.

But for me, jamie olivers here is a poor attempt at italian food.

Jamie Oliver’s “everywhere” is a poor attempt at Italian food, that is why they are closing down in many places.

I didn’t see anybody mention Vasa Pizzeria. I’ve been to a couple of their locations and really enjoyed it. Really filling and not too expensive.

For what it’s worth Pizzeria Oggi has changed their menu, and they’ve now got two sizes of pizza, with the smaller one both cheaper and more reasonable in size for a one-person lunch.

Oggi’s mentioned somewhere upthread. It’s one of my preferred places, but that’s partly because I’m coming from Danshui and their Tianmu branch is convenient when I’m shopping for groceries at Carrefour or City Super.

The original Oggi owner is I believe now operating Pino, on Zhongshan North Road in Tienmu just around the corner from the Pizzeria Oggi on Dexing. Has anyone tried their pizza?

Guy

Oh, that’s him? No I haven’t tried it: the signage didn’t look promising, but now I’ll give it a try.

I’m at Solo and really like their pizza.P_20190122_175346 P_20190122_175242

1 Like

Big Boyz is still the bomb in my book

1 Like