Best Place to Buy Big Bikes - 250 cc +

I have been scrounging around looking for decent secondhand bikes but came up with very little. It would be great to possibly find a shop that offers a warranty with it, but I am open to all ideas. Does anyone have a good experience with buying a larger motorcycle that could point me in the right direction? Thanks!

That’s a good question. I see small second hand/used motorcycle shops around sometimes but don’t know of any big shops or centralized locations with lots of bike shops. And the shops I see usually focus on collectible bikes, not just everyday used motorcycles. Maybe the new motorcycle shops also carry used bikes of their own brand.

A lot of shops show up on Google Maps searching for used motorcycle dealers. Probably mostly scooters.

Where are you ? I can help in Taichung , but not Taipei . You can search 8891 website , for many used bikes . You would need a mandarin speaker to help buy though. I bought a cbr through that website .

1 Like

Try facebook, you could try these pages

I bought a 899cc bike from one of the above pages just a few weeks ago, no problem. The guy I bought it from spoke English, so it wasn’t a problem at all. I think I went to look at perhaps 5-6 different bikes and everyone knew sufficient English.

I know the Ducati dealer in Taichung also has some second hand bikes in stock, when I was there perhaps a month ago they had some Ducati, Triump and Aprilia.

1 Like

There are several shops in Taipei area, and then you have internet. What type of bike are you after?

Thanks for the input so far guys. To be honest, Im not looking for any specific bike. I just want something with at least a yellow plate that is reliable and decently priced. Basically picking out of crowd and taking it home.

If you visit or talk to any shops anywhere in Taiwan, ask them if they will rent big bikes

:happyrunningaround:

I’ve only found 2 places both in Taipei. And maybe both closed.