Best place to find apartment in Taipei?

Hi Guys,

I came with my wife and two children in Taiwan, right now spending our quarantine in an airbnb rented apartmente.
By the end of the month we must leave and get a new apartment for the next 3 months. We came here to spend some time, let the children learn a bit mandarim and enjoy the place.
Now we realize that has not been quiet easy to fine an apartment, at least in airbnb. Is there any better option to find a nice apartment and not too expensive in another way?
Thanks a lot.

I assume Airbnb is the easiest way to find short-term lets (1 to 3 months).

Have you tried calling 3 star hotels like the YWCA near Taipei Main Station and inquiring about extended stays?

You could also target hotels or accomodations near the major hospitals. Some may have special packages for guests who plan to stay nearby family members who are recovering in the hospital. This website has a directory of Taiwan hospitals - the English profiles include nearby accomodations

https://www.medicaltravel.org.tw/?l=2

If you are targeting Taipei, look up these large hospitals in the city

• Taipei Veterans General Hospital
  • National Taiwan University Hospital
  • Chenggong Memorial Hospital
  • Cheng-Hsin Hospital
  • Taipei Medical University Hospital
  • Tri-services Medical Center (Neihu)

These hospitals should be developing medical tourism the most so there should be smaller hotels near them. NTUH has a special reception for International patients - they may have English speaking staff who can also advise where longer term accomodations might be for the family members of patients.

Similarly, you might focus your Airbnb searches to hosts in the neighborhoods of those hospitals

1 Like

are the borders open again or what?

3 Likes

What is the problem with AirBnb?

Thanks a lot, I will take a look on that.

I am not sure… it’s because my wife is Taiwaness, so we could get in.

Hi Shui,
Few options. We need an apartment with 2 bedrooms, kitchen and for the 3.5 months that we are staying. When someone has booked in the date between, the apartment will not show up.

1 Like