Best preschool kindergarten in Tainan?

The local Tainan Park elementary (and kindergarten) does take foreign students.
Costs 10k ntd x 4mo (kindy)
But you must register on registration day which is the 24th. Once a year between 8-10 am.
We had been talking to them for a while. Had met the principal and even our 5yr olds future teacher (young man who spoke excellent English)
They even invited us to a puppet show and a sports fair on campus. Lots of fun.
I had to go to Taipei for an automotive convention the day of registration.
My wife went in the afternoon w the girls.
“So sorry. Registration was only in the morning. But don’t worry! You can always register next year!”
… So more homeschooling for the girls until, maybe Montessori?
Btw. Any student age 6 or older can go to any public school at any time of year and register.
So, in theory, we could just take Elisa to our elementary school or choice in February and ask to register her.

Hola @EsterG y @chichihuil, voy a escribir este post en ingles para que todos puedan leerlo.

I was awarded the HES scholarship and initially wanted to study in Tainan and applied to Chang Jung Christian Uni (CJCU), but my partner wanted to be in a place with better transportation and he speaks no Chinese, so I switched to MTC in Taipei. Since the border shut down last year, everything was deferred to this year and now I’m looking to do the winter session this year. Partner may not come, so I’m re-visiting studying in Tainan 1) b/c of the history, 2) it should be a lot cheaper and 3) I’d much prefer to be in a place where fewer people speak English to improve my Mandarin faster. I lived in Beijing from 2004 to 2008 and wished I had chosen a less cosmopolitan city. I’m proficient in speaking Mandarin, but gotten horribly rusty w/reading & writing.

I’d love to hear what your experience was like 1) enrolling your kids in schools (I’d much prefer local Taiwanese and public, but anything (Chinese speaking) that’s under $6K NT is fine. My daughter will be close to 3 when we arrive.
2) How about finding an apartment?
3) Why do you all prefer NCKU? Did you consider CJCU? At least looking @ their website, NCKU is only 10 weeks whereas CJCU is 11 weeks and only $800 NT more for that extra week.
Are you guys still there? Which neighborhood?

Muchas gracias!
Tiffany

Sorry, last question what are the vaccine requirements (not only Covid) for kids to enroll in pre-K there?