Best Robot Vacuum

I also think the newest shark ION robot vacuum, especially the newer Shark IQ Robot Vacuum AV1010AE is the best robot vacuum in terms of specs and price. However, I have no idea how to get one in Taiwan…

I bought this one, the Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30:

https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Upgraded-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07D75MVX9

I bought it because reviews said it’s very quiet, and I can confirm. Sound is barely noticeable: an inoffensive whisper sound. Was well reviewed by Consumer Reports and others. If you don’t want a noisy vacuum I highly recommend it.

Supposedly the louder robot vacuums may have more suction. But I don’t care about that. I just assume that we will occasionally pull out the big vacuum to clean up the house. Then run the robot every day to pickup random stuff from the floor.

You’ve been giving them quality entertainment :wink:

1 Like

I have an iRobot vacuum as well as their mop (Brava Jet)
Both work fine considering obstacles, covering the area and cleaning effect.
But I actually find I use the mop far more often, only have tiled floors, can use it wet or dry.
Probably don’t need the vacuum. Mop is cheaper too.

2 Likes

Im using the only designed and made in Taiwan one I found, Hobot Legee 7.

Not that smart that it could see and avoid poop, but I would hate to have a WiFi connected camera in my home. Even if it’s not China crap.

It’s LiDAR, so pretty decent. Only thing I need to remove is all strings, cables, etc. before cleaning.

I like it very much. Not perfect, but very, very helpful in our 4 cat household. Also the mopping function is good for the tile floor.

1 Like

Not the robot but I got the Dyson V15 vacuum and it’s the best. Absolutely amazing pick up of dust and the air filter is great. No weird vacuum smell.

You guys are really concerned about cameras. I don’t have a room in the house without connected cameras, even the bathrooms.

If someone wants to watch me have sex with my wife or whack off, whatever.

I would at least want a little ad revenue (I’m saving up for a robot vacuum!)

3 Likes

We also have a couple of these, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Pretty quiet and they’re not too tall so can easily get under our furniture.

I kinda beat you to it.

1 Like

I do remove strings. I always have some on the floor because of the cats. I don’t do anything for the cable though. Legee7 doesn’t seem to run over my cables.

The virtual fence and zone setup are pretty amazing and easy to use on the app.

I like seeing a report after every vacuum, showing me the areas that it was able to clean.

1 Like

Does it come with a pimp, or do you need to charge it in a cardboard box?

2 Likes

A bit of both: It comes in a cardboard box.

PS: I can’t believe I didn’t see anything wrong with that name until you guys mentioned it :rofl: Well, it refers to itself as “Legee”, and you can assign your own name (and sounds) to it. Someone re-named mine to “德國豬腳” and made it do cat sounds (my Norwegian cat pigeoning) when it returns home.

1 Like

It’s us with our dirty minds that actually have a problem. However, I seriously wonder if the owner of the company is naming these robot with odd English names on purpose.

I got a couple of tall chairs that my Legee always has no issue getting under, but sometimes couldn’t get out off. When it’s stuck it actually says “Legee is stuck, please help”, which so far has only happened twice.

I’ve been planning to record all the phrases in Taigi. Haven’t got around to it yet though.

1 Like

New Legee-D7 is out. Compared to Legee-7, D7 has the ability to recognize carpets and automatically stop moping on carpeted areas. It also has a roller which usually does better on carpets. D7 also prevents hair from getting entangled on the roller. Finally, with the ability to raise the mope from the floor, D7 has a better ability to get over obstacles. I think it can climb over stuff under 2cm tall.

The trade off is that D7 only has 600g of downward pressure, and the old Legee-7 has a downward pressure of 1800g.

I don’t have carpets or floor transition strips too high for my Legee-7 to climb over, but I do wish my Legee-7 could climb onto the kitchen mat to mope it.

Still designed and manufactured in Taiwan, a great plus in addition to being the best moping robot vacuums out there.

2 Likes

No carpets here, but I guess I’d still prefer my current Legee-7 over the new one, because of not having a roller. My 7 never had any issues with hair getting tangled, despite two super shedding long haired cats (and 2 more short haired ones).

1 Like

It’s definitely a huge plus that I didn’t know before I purchased my Legee-7. Even the spinning brush doesn’t get much hair tangles. I used to have to use the little blade thing to free my old ECOVAC from all the hair on it. Glad that is a thing of the past.

Every time after my Legee-7 cleans the floor, my cats do a happy dance on the floor, rolling around and showing me their bellies in approval.

1 Like

Photos or it didn’t happen :rofl:

My zoo mostly ignores that robot, sometimes causing cat-shaped dirty spots on the floor where the cleaning didn’t happen due to cat occupation.

Just want to update that now there’s the new Hobot D8

It gained the ability to climb over obstacles like carpets, and now has a dock that automatically refills water, and washes and dries the mop pad.

Like the D7, it has less downward pressure compared to Leggee 7, however to make up for it, it has a much higher suction power.

3 Likes