• Steve Perry
  • Freddie Mercury
  • Paul McCartney
  • Brian Wilson
  • Michael Jackson

0 voters

I’m curious to know what you think.

I think you voted for Steve Perry. :smiley:

Lol, yeah you’re right. :slight_smile: He was my vote.

Freddie Mercury is awesome and surely a better all-around performer, but Steve Perry seals the deal for me in Don’t Stop Believing.

A baritone would be more interesting.

Interesting thought. I can’t think of any rock baritones off the top of my head. For bass, I guess that guy from the Crash Test Dummies probably takes the cake.

Ah, yes “Cake”. That guy is probably a baritone.

Chris Cornell, hands down.

Lemmy, Motorhead.

Lemmy is more of a growl…don’t know if he could even be considered a bass… :laughing:

Btw, Queen seems to have reformed with Paul Rodgers on vocal. Heard a tune and it’s just not the same… :frowning:

There’s a young kid called Mika whose got a great set of pipes. I would have approached him for the job, if I were Brian May.

My mother has Mika’s album. It seriously makes me wish to commit murder.

why has no one mentioned Bon Scott yet?

freddie’s alright, from that list.

but Michael Jackson? wouldn’t you have to put him on the list of all time great countertenors, and also ban him totally from any list that has anything to do with rock?

Michael Jackson can hardly be classified as rock.
I would have thought Ian Gillan from Deep Purple, or Robert Plant from Led Zep would have been the obvious choices

Sure, that Big Girls song is enough to make anyone go a little Charlie Manson, but could you not see him knocking Bohemian Rhapsody out of the park? :wink:

Sebastian Bach or Chris Cornell…

but I voted Freddie, because he was indeed great!

Sure, that Big Girls song is enough to make anyone go a little Charlie Manson, but could you not see him knocking Bohemian Rhapsody out of the park? :wink:[/quote]

‘Sucking too hard on your lollipop
Love’s gonna get you down’

POW.

I agree with those saying Robert Plant, Ian Gillan, and Chris Cornell, for old and new rock. I’d add Roger Daltrey though. Mike Patten of Faith No More and Mr. Bungle fame isn’t the best rock tenor ever but is renowned for his amazing voice and ability to make sounds/noise.

Not that I consider him the best, but would those high sounds that Bono from U2 makes be considered tenor? I would say Freddie, too, because after so many years “Under Pressure” still gets to me every time. Toshi from X Japan also has an excellent voice.

Are we talking about “best” or “most successful”?

don’t know about 1st position, but Eddie Vedder probably deserves a mention somewhere on that list…

Eddie ain’t no tenor, definitely a baritone.

Listen to X Japan’s “Endless Rain”. Is that tenor? I just find his voice absolutely amazing. The first clip is in their big-hair days, and the second is the last show before they broke up.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=Beujgb0OBeY&feature=related

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6yQLR1BfM&feature=related