Best songs on expats and expat life?

Do you mean “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters”? I certainly don’t hate that one. It’s a great song.

For French people understanding Chinese : Frenchman in Shanghai (Sting cover)

In Spanish: more than you can imagine, I am misbehaving and lovin’ it!

This is to make twonavels mad.

The ‘Good-Bye Look’…been there…done that… :sunglasses:

“Won’t You pour me a Cuban Breeeeeze Baby…”

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]This is to make twonavels mad.

[/quote]

It worked! His voice is so annoying. :slight_smile:

Joni Mitchell, “California”
youtube.com/watch?v=WWJQmQsjT6g

Gary P. Nunn, “Home with the Armadillo”
youtube.com/watch?v=VKyqKlkylS4

Bonnie Dobson, “Un Canadien Errant”
youtube.com/watch?v=O90G9b5Xyjo

Warren Zevon, “Lawyers, Guns, and Money”
youtube.com/watch?v=PwXMkfeH95k

Neil Young, “Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere”
youtube.com/watch?v=DZSIz0GW1oM

[quote]Then I understood this was an emigrant ship bound for the American colonies.

We put the ferry-boat alongside, and the exiles leaned over the bulwarks, weeping and reaching out their hands to my fellow-passengers, among whom they counted some near friends. How long this might have gone on I do not know, for they seemed to have no sense of time: but at last the captain of the ship, who seemed near beside himself (and no great wonder) in the midst of this crying and confusion, came to the side and begged us to depart.

Thereupon Neil sheered off; and the chief singer in our boat struck into a melancholy air, which was presently taken up both by the emigrants and their friends upon the beach, so that it sounded from all sides like a lament for the dying. I saw the tears run down the cheeks of the men and women in the boat, even as they bent at the oars; and the circumstances and the music of the song (which is one called “Lochaber no more”) were highly affecting even to myself. [/quote]–Robert Louis Stevenson, Kidnapped