My husband, 2 year old daughter and I are in the early stages of making plans to move to Taiwan in Spring 07. We are going to teach English and the company we are going through has asked for our placement preferences and we need your help! In doing some research Ilan (or Yilan) seems really nice but there’s not a ton of info I’ve been able to find. Okay…here’s our criteria, any thoughts?
- We do not want to be in Taipei, Kaohsiung, Taitung
- No big cities, as little pollution as possible
- Not completely rural either- a few other English speakers, an internet cafe and some Western cuisine would be nice
- By the ocean or a hiking area would be ideal (we like the outdoors)
- We don’t speak Chinese (although we will try to learn!)
- We have a lil’ one so transportation on scooter or crowded subway alone would not be great
Anyone know of any good websites that offer unbiased city profiles in English? I know we’re asking for a lot but why not shoot for the moon?