Best video card for the money?

what’s the best video card for the money now? I need dual video card input and AGP…price maybe between high and mid range…thanks

The best now is the Nvidia 7000 series. For AGP there is a new one out. I think 7600 or 7800. But this is a lot. Unless you have a great and probably overclocked CPU, 2 gigs memory and a super computer I would sugest a 6800GT 256. I am not to hapy with my Asus, its to hot.

What is “I need dual video card input” and why do you need it? Do you mean SLi or Dual monitor support? Both have it. If you mean Vidio in, then you need a different kind of card.

Look here: tomshardware.com/2006/02/02/ … _dead_yet/[ul]
Its the one you want I think.[/ul]

There is no SLI on AGP cards available. You would need a second AGP slot or something like that. SLI only works with PCI-E, and you need a board with two PEG slots. I think 2 PEG-16 slots are top notch.

Please refer to this http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/THGC-Card-Buyers-Guide-05-Dec-2005-ftopict76584.html

Note that SLI is only good at max resolution and detail and stuff, otherwise its all the same as one video card. In fact one 6800 GT or GS is better than 2 6600GT in SLI, and 2 6600GT in SLI is more expensive than one 6800GT or GS.

Prices for AGP stuff should be pretty decent by now specially with all the PCI-E stuff coming out. I 've always been an Nvidia guy so here are my recommendations:

bfgtech.com/7800GS_256.html
evga.com/products/moreinfo.a … &family=22

Prolly not gonna get anything much better than this [in AGP]… The BFG comes with Life Time Warranty (not sure about eVGA).

ATI stuff is good too – came close to switching over to them a million o times…

[quote=“Chicken”]The best now is the Nvidia 7000 series. For AGP there is a new one out. I think 7600 or 7800. But this is a lot. Unless you have a great and probably overclocked CPU, 2 gigs memory and a super computer I would sugest a 6800GT 256. I am not to hapy with my Asus, its to hot.

What is “I need dual video card input” and why do you need it? Do you mean SLi or Dual monitor support? Both have it. If you mean Vidio in, then you need a different kind of card.

Its the one you want I think.[/ul][/quote]

by that I mean dual monitor support…most video card prolly all have them eh?

[quote=“ironfist”][quote=“Chicken”]The best now is the Nvidia 7000 series. For AGP there is a new one out. I think 7600 or 7800. But this is a lot. Unless you have a great and probably overclocked CPU, 2 gigs memory and a super computer I would sugest a 6800GT 256. I am not to hapy with my Asus, its to hot.

Its the one you want I think.[/ul][/quote]

by that I mean dual monitor support…most video card prolly all have them eh?[/quote]

Yes, but there are quality differences when you want to useanalog monitor outputs. Matrox has always been good with the quality of their analog outputs. I personally love the digital outputs, they are so much better.

I’ve got the same card in my older desktop – 'cept its the BFG OC’d version. I love the card… got the bios flashed to the “ultra” version to squeeze a bit more MHz’s out of it - stable. Seems to work better than plain ol OC’ing… The Ultra flash mod works great for my BFG… not sure about the others but I wouldnt doubt the same could be done w/ them.

Try this: arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=40
I’m running it on my BFG… works great for cooling down cards, quiet, inexpensive, and simple to install. They’ve got em at KMall (Mainstation)… Take the stairs down to the basement level, turn left, and walk staight down to the corner shop… its the last store w/ all the fans 'n stuff.