Best way to get an apartment in Taoyuan?

Heya.
We will be moving to Taoyuan at the end of the month, start of April.
However, I’ve been told that it is difficult to get an apartment as a foreigner if you don’t have a co-signer, and also most landlords won’t want to rent to foreigners.

What’s the best website / place to look for rentals in Taoyuan, specifically? Our budget would be around 20k max.
Also, is it really that difficult to get an apartment as a foreigner? We had planned to get an AirBnB after quarantine for a few weeks until we found & moved in to our apartment, but that seems like a bad plan now.

That’s BS. Toayuan is loaded with SE Asians who have no problems getting apartments.
If you’re Western, you’ll have even fewer problems.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reassurance. Was having a bit of a freak out because the person I was speaking to told me it was almost impossible to get an apartment without a native Taiwanese co-signer, I ended up thinking that we were in for a total disaster when we arrive.

People will also tell you that moldy bathrooms, “wall-cancer” and leaky roofs are normal in Taiwan. Probably just someone trying to put pressure on you to make a hasty decision…

1 Like

You can find apartments on 591租屋 , also you can check on 房屋買賣租

He’s feeding you bullshit

3 Likes

We needed a local guarantor. Landlord wouldn’t sign us without one. Some of the older generation have trust issues, when foreigners show up to rent, their wisdom leads them to conclude a guarantor is required. There are always ways around these things though, pay a few months in advance maybe, if it did happen that way? Nothing to stress over.

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance! I was worried there was a disaster waiting to happen to me when we get there haha

Thanks for the info! Glad there’s ways to get around it if it comes to that :slight_smile:

Run don’t walk away from any landlord that wants you to get a local guarantor for a 20k apt.

2 Likes

591 - if they say you need someone to cosign find someone else.

I seriously looked at one apartment and signed that day. It’s not as hard as people seem. Just message people on 591 and line. They ignore your message? Cool move on. They don’t allow forgeiners without a cosign? Cool move on.

I can see it maybe being an issues if you’re a rough looking male but I think it will be fine.

1 Like

We are a young not very rough looking couple so I think we’ll be okay. Thanks for your help :smile_cat:

2 Likes