Best way to save for a child?

How do you save money for your child?

Child accounts with good interest rates?

Insurance schemes that pay out at 18?

Would love to know how and where you put your money.

Lots of annuities to choose from based on your budget and future payment plan options. That’s what we did for all our kids.

Depends more on how diligent you are. I put all our mkney into real estate as it seems the safest. Banks are likely a bad bet given the current trends.

If doable i buy, rent out and end of the day kids get something they can either use, rent out or sell. Currency, speculations and all that investment stuff i personally wouldnt anymore, especially in taiwan.

Regular brokerage account.

529 college account and when he started working a Roth IRA.

2 Likes

Best wishes.

Bitcoin and Ethereum No bank accounts pay good interest rates.

Real estate in Taiwan or in your home country?

Do you mean

Or

2 Likes

Both. However the cultures are vastly different between taiwan and my home country (west coast canada) and so there are much different considerations to take into account.

One thing that is similar is that i would absolutely not waste money on taipei or vancouver (for example) as those are both clearly death traps for the working person and are so inflated that for us we might as well write them off as peaked regardless if they are or not. Those places are for rich people to gamble on speculation (which i find a little disgusting to be honest) and can afford to lose. however, i am not rich and i cannot afford to lose.

So if we are comparing. Not vancouver, clearly vancouver island (not victoria and its neighbouring towns/cities unless going commercial (which is pretty risky given the social environment in canada now). Probably outskirts nanaimo while picking geography and climate very carefully, while trying to predict where the drug scurge will end up in 20 years. suburbs/already fully developed areas are generally bad and only deteriorate.

Not taipei, go south. The han culture is pretty money oriented and greedy, so it gets harder here now. I would avoid the cities and go countryside but nearby the freeways 1 or 3 and have hubs within 40 minutes “city time” away. Having an artery to a port is obviously best, kaohsiung has both air and sea ports that are profitable, so despite my dislike for the society values often seen in Pingdong, as real estate goes i would put my money into northern pingdong near freeway 3 or expressway 88, not coastal, if its just about investing. Both areas are disgusting though and i wouldnt buy there to raise children. However there is little doubt, assuming taiwan doesnt go to war or has some massive catastrophe, much of the farmland along those arteries are going to more and more be industrialized…as they have already been doing for decades.

From Dongan south to Fangliao would be really good investments if it werent for human activit sinking the land and destroying it. Those places ar ideal in so many ways, but flooding alone makes that section of coast far too iffy for my liking. and again, not the best places socially for kids. sorry guys that live there…you can hate me all you like, but you know its true.

If its purely wantin to make money on rent, it is certainly populationation density hubs where you can rent out first floor retail space in.taiwan. this is still quite profitable, even in places like pingdong. Actually, especially in places like pingdong. Places like Chaozhou, Donggang, Pingung City, Henchuan, Fangliao etc are very profitable for landlords that arent in a hurry. Even places like Neipu, Ligang, probably Gaoshu in 5 years and those types of places are quite decent as a safety net income, commercially. Residentially, renting out in taiwan is shit unless you go dormatory or apartemnt style…which is a nightmare.

Regardless of all that, if real estate investment wants to be a safe bet, Own the land under the building. Buying apartments is still quasi speculation in my opinion. Like a mutual fund compared to a stock market setup.
My 2 cents.

This :grin:

Also I’m serious. Monthly investment. But best thing you can do us find a better paying job…Biz…Stick your head down and make some money and savings. Having your own house is great but it’s getting harder all the time here
In Taiwan they say having kids will make you wealthier that’s why they have so many .:joy::grin:

Always a good sign for a healthy future when people make babies for economic gain. How could it ever go wrong?

1 Like

I was telling young folks I worked with this last year when one of them said something about getting that ”easy money” in the stock market.

The easy money is the job. Mostly just have to show up and not fall asleep.

3 Likes