Best/Worst Bang for your buck at night markets

Wonder if it came from those cute Formosan sika deer…

Farmed I’m sure

http://www.angrin.tlri.gov.tw/deermvc/index_en.html

My favorite fried chicken steak is the one they fry then smother with BBQ sauce and then broil. Man, heavenly. Right at the entrance of Shilin night market, kitty corner to the MRT. Lines move quickly, they have a machine to cut the chicken.

Bambi killer!

1 Like

Yeah, those things are like crack, and probably just as good for you.:slight_smile:

Title doesn’t read “Best/Worst Bang for your buck at night markets…for health eaters” for a reason. I’d get no responses.

I bet those fruit stands that sell 100NT a cup of cut up fruit add some sugar or god forbid, Bambi meat in them.

Yeah, I think it is like 3 for a 100 ntd, something like that, and I used to gobble it all down.

No wonder I am sick.

Last I heard fruits were the worst choice in a night market. The Shilin vendors are famous for hiking up the prices - up to 1000 ntd for a bag of fruit to unsuspecting tourists- and higiene overall is problematic.

Fried is good. Fried kills germs.

I think I passed by that the other night to get a pepper pork bun. Also got a “da bing bao xiao bing” in the basement, nothing like it.

Wouldn’t be surprised. Those things are basically delivery systems for hormones and gutter oil. But man they taste good!

Don’t know about that, but they are NOTORIOUS for being filthy and unhygienic (even by night market standards ! Yeeps!). Couple of times a year the news shows someone going in and checking their knives and cutting boards and they’re always total frigging petrie dishes. Because they don’t cook or use plates or bowls or anything.
Plus they’re just stupid expensive for what you get.

That sliced fruit is definitely soaked in some kind of chemical bath to keep it from oxidizing.

This may be one of the few times where we can say fried stuff is good and fruit is bad.

Thanks for conjuring in my mind a picture of tasty fried fruit. I could use a plate of fried bananas right about now.

I don’t know where you live, I say that pretty much every friggin day.