Betelnut Girly Toys

These are pretty funny. Bought one outside of a Blockbuster in Yonghe.

[Photo links to Flickr with more.]

Very Taiwan I think. I might buy a few more in attemps to get the car door one. I’ll happily sells any duplicates I get (they’re 120NT.)

Can you dress them up?

Can you UNdress them?

Make them wear blue berets???

Make them wear blue berets???[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Damn, that took me FAR too long!

I need one of those for my Taiwan box.

Those are freakin’ awesome!!
I am SO getting one.
Or two.
Or the whole set :slight_smile:

Yes.

Yes.

I still don’t get it, but yes.

Yes.

[quote=“Josefus”]Those are freakin’ awesome!!
I am SO getting one.
Or two.
Or the whole set :slight_smile:[/quote]
Hell yes! :smiley:

Make them wear blue berets???[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Damn, that took me FAR too long![/quote]
:laughing:

Me too. Far too long. And I should KNOW!

[quote=“miltownkid”]These are pretty funny.

Very Taiwan I think. I might buy a few more in attemps to get the car door one. I’ll happily sells any duplicates I get (they’re 120NT.)[/quote]

I take it their brain is as empty as those of the girls in these stores :slight_smile:

In Taiwan I seem to be the only one who seems to make fun with them, every taiwanese tells me that could be dangerous as they are with “gangsters”!

When I first arrived in Taiwan and friend visited shortly after. We went down south and saw a Xishi. I approached her and (with really busted mandarin) asked her if my friend could take a picture with her. She answered me using some of the best English I’ve heard since I’ve been here.

Exactly how do you “make fun with them”? :s

When I first arrived in Taiwan and friend visited shortly after. We went down south and some some Xishi. I approached her and (with really busted Mandarin) asked her if my friend could take a picture with her. She answered me using some of the best English I’ve heard since I’ve been here.[/quote]

Curious, what did she say?

Exactly how do you “make fun with them”? :s[/quote]

Asking them questions like “Did you forget to dress this morning” or “Why are you not wearing so many clothes” or “Aren’t you cold?”. but personally I just like to ask them things which they don’t offer in the shop so they will look rather confused :wink:

This is not good according to my taiwanese friends, due to their link with the “gangsters”.

Me: 我朋友 waving camera 照相
Xishi: Sure, he can take a picture with me. Where should we stand?
Me: Uh… Over there. snap
Xishi: Do you guys want to try some?
Me: Yeah! Thanks Gets the Betel Nut
Xishi: OK, seeya later.

The conversation was like 3 years ago, like I can really remember it. It was something like that. This was down near Jiayi.

I’ll get my friend to scan that picture and send it to me. I’ll post it here when I get it, so if anyone else runs into her you’ll know to use English and not busted Chinese :blush: .

i was teaching at that private high school in pushin, just south of chungli. the school has a english “major” program. one saturday i was walking in yangmei and one of my students was in the binglan princess garb working in her box. we made eye contact. she had a look of sheer mortification on her face. a slight head nod asnd i kept on walking.

I’ve had some interesting conversations with some of them. And some of them aren’t that daft. You know it is a pretty high paying job. Some women in the states work in strip clubs to put themselves through med school. I don’t see why it would be any different here. Selling Bing Lang to pay for university. Not everyone’s family has money.

How much does it actually pay? I know its a common hear-say here that they earn very well but is it really the truth?

Generally I guess the tips can be really high.

Hell…it used to be [i]real[/i] common to meet TaiDa graduates working in the bars in the Zone. They wanted to practice their English (and save money) for a year before taking the TOEFL and going to the US to grad school. Sixteen years ago one told me she averaged about $60,000NT a month just serving drinks and talking shit to foreigners. As I recall, she ended up at either the University of Michigan or Wisconsin.

Man! I want one too. Has anyone found these in another place?