Beware Email Hackers

Some of these scams are getting rather too clever. A friend ,just had his Email Account hacked and here is what I got today. Chronologically from the bottom up! My replies in black. BEWARE

[color=#FF0000]If i wasn’t the one i would not have ask you to wired money to my name as we both know that i will need some kind of identification before i can have the $$ pick up here…[/color]

Fred. Just to make sure this is you…please let me know …I am a bit worried that this may be the crims,after what happened.

If I said morning…what would you say?
where is the orange car now?
Italian we go to near me?

[color=#FF0000]Glad to hear back from you… It has really been embarrassing for me. £1,850 will cover all my expenses but i will appreciate whatsoever you can afford to wire right now, I promise to refund it to you as soon as I arrive home. You can wire it to my name from a western union outlet around… Here are the details you need to get the money to me;

I still have my passport so I can use it as identification, e-mail me the transfer details and the confirmation number include the amount sent.

Are you heading out to western union now…let me know how soon will you be back[/color]

of course Fred…let me know where to transfer…or I can call Hotel and give my credit card number…if you have a number I will call …Hotel?

[color=#FF0000]Hello,
I’m sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it’s because of the situation of things right now.

I’m with family on vacation in Manila Philippines and a lot of crap has been spewing. We got mugged last night in an alley by a gang of thugs on our way back from shopping, one of them had a knife poking my neck for almost two minutes and everything we had on us including my cell phone, credit cards were all stolen,quite honestly it was beyond a dreadful experience for us but looking on the bright side we weren’t seriously hurt or injured and we are still alive so that is whats important. I’ve reported to the cops here and canceled all our cards,it appeared I had acted quickly enough or they almost would have succeeded in cleaning out my bank account. I’m really having some difficulties clearing our hotel bills and also need to pick up a voucher ticket at the counter for us to catch a flight back home in a couple of hours.

I was wondering if you could please loan me (£1,850) money pending when we get things straighten out and I promise to refund as soon as we arrive home safely.
Write me back and let me know how soon you can get it to us asap.
Thanks!
Fred[/color]

On that topic, Shiadoa…

I have been mugged by my college education and his friend, my credit card bills, and could really use about US$1,000 a month from now until, well basically, forever.

(PS… if muggers got his cell phone, they would have no trouble sending an email from it, of course.)

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]On that topic, Shiadoa…

I have been mugged by my college education and his friend, my credit card bills, and could really use about US$1,000 a month from now until, well basically, forever.

(PS… if muggers got his cell phone, they would have no trouble sending an email from it, of course.)[/quote]
He he
He does not know how they hacked into his email account. This mail was sent to every one of his contacts.

I’m impressed that A, they took the time to figure out his name, B, they took the time to respond.

plenty of Engrish grammatical errors in that so I would have seen straight through it, also what would have tipped me off was all the red writing. I’m amazed you didn’t twig. :wink:

Nice of them to explain that to you. I get the feeling that had occurred to them previously. They probably were a bit put out you weren’t getting it.

Problem is , my friend is from the South of England and they can’t write English properly anyway :roflmao: