Beware of cuts in the tropics

T, glad to have you back among the living. It was scary there for a while. It was also ugly to see all your so-called friends fighting over who gets your fancy flash cards after you die.

Thanks for the warning, I for one had no clue about the dangers.

PS Speaking of flash cards, are you still making those? Remember I wanted a set before you left for your trip.

I am indeed, just about to do the production run of the NEW version. You are on the top of the list.

I am indeed, just about to do the production run of the NEW version. You are on the top of the list.[/quote]

Really? Thereā€™s going to be a tash flashcard?! Cool!

When I was on my amphetamine-fuelled guitar building frenzy a few years back I was using saws and chisels a lot and was chopping my hands up pretty comprehensively. First time I took the end off a finger I just washed it and wrapped it up until it went septic and my arm swelled up like watermelon. They wanted to cut off several fingers but I said no and thankfully it healed with very aggressive AB treatment and daily drainage ā€“ not pleasant.
After that, I kept a big jug of stuff (sodium hydroxide? Peroxide? something like that) and any time Iā€™d cut myself Iā€™d just plunge the affected part into it and leave it there as long as I could, followed by iodine or AB ointment. Works a treat.

Hydrogen peroxide. We use it to clean wounds on the dogs.

雙갧갓

Great stuff.

雙갧갓

Great stuff.[/quote]
isnā€™t that the stuff you bleach your hair with too?

Well, I donā€™t bleach my hair. But, yes, it can be used as a bleaching agent.

It also has some use in connection with rocket fuel or somethingā€¦

It has many uses depending on the strength of the solution.

My favourite is for ear infections. Pour a little in and listen as the HP does its job. Very satisfying. IN fact, itā€™s almost worth having an ear infection for!

Truant,
Have you been checked for diabetes?
Diabetes can really fuck with your immune system and make the smallest cuts fester.
Happened to me every time I went swimming at the beach. After the third time of spending 4 days on IV anti-biotics, I changed my diet and got the diabetes under control and now I go in the water all of the time without problems.

Maybe itā€™s just a one time thing, but if it happens again it might not hurt to get checked out.

[quote=ā€œboblā€]Truant,
Have you been checked for diabetes?
Diabetes can really fuck with your immune system and make the smallest cuts fester.
Happened to me every time I went swimming at the beach. After the third time of spending 4 days on IV anti-biotics, I changed my diet and got the diabetes under control and now I go in the water all of the time without problems.

Maybe itā€™s just a one time thing, but if it happens again it might not hurt to get checked out.[/quote]
That was the first thing the doc asked me. Could be worth a check at some point, but as you can see itā€™s pretty common to have issues if you get a cut while in and around water in the tropics. I usually heal very fast.