Biden’s Southern Border Policies

For mups wearing a red hat is a sign of extremist behavior, if that’s the route they are going, they just politicized the entire US government and will route out those who don’t ideologically align with their politics. Communists did the same thing after Tiananmen square.

1 Like

Firing people from their government jobs because of their beliefs doesn’t ring a bell with you?

We’ve seen quite clearly that White Supremacist movements in the US pose a national security threat. Last time around it endangered the lives of the country’s elected officials. You can’t be suggesting it’s a bad thing to get rid of this, can you?

That’s the kind of strawman you use BEFORE the people wearing those hats attack the Capitol and try to kidnap state governors etc. Not after. :man_farmer: :man_farmer:

There you go putting words in people’s mouths again, not a good look. I’ve never said such a thing, if you can’t quote, you should retract out of decency.

I always thank you for reminding me it was a prudent decision for me to steer clear of certain types of individuals in my hiring practices though. I was really ahead of the curve on that one.

You should familiarize yourself with US law. Here:

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/labor-employment-law/wrongful-termination/can-i-be-fired-for-my-political-beliefs.html#:~:text=Federal%20Laws,this%20is%20not%20the%20case.

Federal Laws

Federal law does little to protect employees from being fired or disciplined for their political beliefs or activities. Some people mistakenly believe that their First Amendment free speech rights extend to the workplace. However, for most employees, this is not the case. The First Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on free speech; it does not apply to private employers. So, unless you work for the government, the First Amendment does not limit your employer in any way. (And, even for government workers, First Amendment rights are not absolute in the workplace.)

Now, federal workers tend to have more protection in this realm, but still not absolute. I’d leave it to the Biden JD to sort it out properly and do things by the book.

1 Like

Stop it with your Reichstag Fire, we can see the incident is being used as an excuse to user in a whole bunch of policies that would otherwise get considerable push back, just like after 911 was used to user in the Patriot Act.

Which was then promptly abused to spy on anyone they felt like and target their political opponents.

Oh, nonsense. If someone attacked your country, you’d want to defend it too. You live in Taiwan. If a group of terrorists attacked the government there, wouldn’t you prevent that? Would you allow people that did that to continue working in government jobs? Of course you wouldn’t.

Maybe the GOP are in this mode where they exploit any political event to ram some backwards agenda though government. But I’m perfectly OK vetting out domestic terrorists from my government.

Go ahead, say something about China or identity politics. Or media. Or progressives. etc

1 Like

Yeah that’s not what is happening, the media is hyping it non stop they don’t do that for no reason, and the reason is seldom the reason they tell you. There were a bunch of goons wandering around mostly peacefully and one woman was killed who was a Trump supporter.

So why are they making such a big deal of an event where most people looked like they got waved in? Weaponized Government against it’s own people, things are going to get a lot worse for those who disagree ideologically with the Obama agenda.

That would be my guess anyway.

I’m gonna go with what was on the video and what really happened, which is a bunch of domestic terrorists attacked my nation’s Capitol. I’m glad people that participated in that aren’t part of the U.S. government. This is just basic common sense. Nothing to do with the subjective hatred of Obama by conservatives. (That’s a lot of what drove the insurrection though).

Why would you accept people like that with white supremacist ideals in government jobs? It’s unreasonable. You’d accept them in your country’s government?

1 Like

People that entered the capitol building should be charged and if in a Government job should lose their job.

However I would be cautious of any Government who used a particular event as an excuse to cleanse the Government and military of political opposition and aim to make it ideology pure and faithful to their political alignment.

You should be cautious of that too, if I were you.

I definitely was, during the Trump regime, right about most of it too.

1 Like

That’s what you were told, I know that. Fact is Washington DC votes something like 98% Democrat, he had a lot less control over the Washington DC machine than you might have believed.

One day, if like you say you are, interested in the facts and with Donald Trump fading into the rear view mirror, we may be able to discuss it more objectively, rather than partisan political perspectives driven by a rabid anti Trump media.

2 Likes

The American people were that self preservation mechanism.

Sounds like a good reason to get rid of the flaws in the system. White supremacists in the country’s political ranks is one of those flaws and weaknesses. Again, I cannot see ANY reason why someone would be against getting them out of government. Can you?

What does MSM have to do with getting rid of white supremacists from the government? What are people trying to win here? Isn’t it a 100% universally agreed thing that you don’t white supremacists in government jobs?

Half your country, more is you believe the Sidney Powell crowd, going to go after them all?

1 Like

We don’t ‘go after’ anyone. We have an electoral process for that.

One of the big differences between the two parties.

Sure you do, Mike Flynn ring any bells. But yeah, Washington DC is a powerful machine, in fact it is quite awesome to watch, but it has self preservation mechanisms against the likes of Trump.

Most observers seem to be of the view Washington DC is aware of it’s flaws and as a system it is too big to fail. Which has led to some to take advantage of that weakness as they know they can’t be held to account.

They are aware, those who are dependent on the MSM for information, not so much.

1 Like

The American people were that self preservation mechanism. Given that Trump was a failed insurrectionist, it’s good we have protection against that. Constitutional law. Voting. Democracy is good.

Sounds like a good reason to get rid of the flaws in the system. White supremacists in the country’s political ranks is one of those flaws and weaknesses. Again, I cannot see ANY reason why someone would be against getting them out of government. Can you?

What does MSM have to do with getting rid of white supremacists from the government? You agree that’s good right? Isn’t it a 100% universally agreed thing that we don’t want white supremacists in government jobs?

No problem going after White Supremacists, however one can’t not be skeptical to the extent of this planned purge given the left now describes the entire USA as being a white supremacist society.

1 Like

But he’s basically the godfather of the modern GOP as we speak. They all have to kiss his ring. It’s funny how you think he’s no longer relevant.

But anyway, yes my radar was right about a ton of Trump stuff. Not an ability worth bragging about in my progressive circles, but everything is relative. I wouldn’t worry about Biden being up to the stuff you mentioned, radar says he’s interested in public service.

Polls about his performance and policy seem to reflect that as well.

1 Like

I didn’t say that, but it’s not clear yet how relevant he wants to be. At least the hysteria from the left that accompanied him for 4 years has abated some.

Actually Biden saying he’s going back to Trump border policies and building the wall must have taken some pride to swallow, despite the right gnashing their teeth over Biden implementing an open border I think it’s a sign he want’s to keep the illegal border crossings to a minimum. Credit where credit is due.

Even if he’s not in legal trouble, he doesn’t want to run again. Like always he wants to be relevant and grift. All paths to GOP nomination will go through him as he looks to continue to bilk his supporters.

On the border, I think Biden comes at it from a perspective of not calling Mexicans rapists. Already a better approach. No credit due on that though.

1 Like