Biden, Warnock, and the resurgence of the liberal Christian

Good!

1 Like

Only the second Roman Catholic to hold the nation’s highest office, President Biden has been one of the most pious and faithfully observant Christians in decades, many observers say, peppering his speeches with more than the kind of general religious references politicians often make. He’s quoted theologians such as St. Augustine and St. Francis of Assisi, and Catholic hymns like “On Eagle’s Wings,” a favorite among many liberal Catholics.

In name only . . .

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law"

Catholics have abortions at the same rate as everyone else.

2 Likes

Canon 1398 is a rule of canon law of the Catholic Church which declares that “a person who procures a completed abortion incurs a latae sententiae automatic excommunication.”

1 Like

Did Biden procure a completed abortion?

Did Donald Trump break into the Capitol building?

Don’t agree with fighting abortion, but it’s interesting how a Catholic priest calling for a non-violent way to fight abortion is met by immense internet hate.

1 Like

Is it? Pretty unsurprising for just about anything.

3 Likes

It certainly was surprising to friar Casey Cole

Sounds pretty naive for a Youtuber? I haven’t watched the videos though. Anyway, it doesn’t surprise me was more my point :slight_smile:

People making judgements and decided to attack him without wacting even a single minute of his video is exactly what surprised him.

1 Like

Right, that’s what I’m saying is unsurprising.

1 Like

About halfway through the first video I thought “Uh-oh- the anti-abortionists are going to throw a fit about this.”

Do you get equally angry at Pat Buchanan for supporting the death penalty? The Catholic Church is against that too.

I just find it interesting that non-Christians who rightfully chide Christians for not practicing what they preach are so seemingly impressed with Biden’s faux Catholicism

Are you going to answer my question?

2 Likes

I’m not impressed.

I’m more impressed with Trump’s not being able to name a single verse from the Bible.

1 Like

Perhaps a distinction is in how hard they preach; like, genocide level preach, compared to most people. Over the course of history, catholics and various christians are stained equally as horrible as other hate groups and oppressive regimes…better now, but still worthy of calling out…

Should have emphasised the “I’m”. Biden spends his Sunday mornings in church ; Trump plays golf. I agree more with Trump (except I don’t like golf, I’d go to the beach instead).

President Biden has been one of the most pious and faithfully observant Christians in decade

One can be a pious and faithfully observant Christian while disagreeing with the Catholic Church on many issues: abortion, contraception, divorce, homosexuality etc.

1 Like