Biden's statements on Taiwan

Indeed. When Bush was first elected, he was very pro-Taiwan. But obviously, not so anymore. You can easily compare Bush’s positions on everything from arms sells to Taiwanese official’s visits to support of Taiwan in international organizations and know that they have changed quite a bit from the first few years of his administration. If nothing else, just look at how CSB was able to visit New York and other major US cities in style in 2001, to latter years when he isn’t even allowed to set foot on continental US soil.

Bush may have at one time said he’ll do whatever it takes to protect Taiwan, but you can bet his position on that has changed also. It’ll happen after CSB has been giving him headaches for a few years. This really shows just how much of a screw up CSB really is. In a few short years he managed to turn what may be the most pro-Taiwan US president in modern history into a pro-China one.

Whoa, hold down a minute, China isn’t a dictatorship. Far from it in fact. Secretive, maybe, but China isn’t like North Korea or Iraq under Saddam Hussain where the country is ruled by a single authoritarian ruler. You’d be surprised how much institutionalized control there are within the government that Hu or other Chinese leaders can’t just do whatever they want.
On the contrary, the current Chinese leaders are the most pragmatic the PRC has ever seen. Especially on matters relating to Taiwan, they are the most “in touch” with reality. That’s why nowadays China uses mostly diplomacy and political muscles to counter Taiwan’s TI activities. Because Hu knows that much more could be achieved by appealing to the international community(who’s generally against TI) than lobbing missiles like his predecessor Jiang did.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
Why would you even doubt that POTUS currently in office is an idiot and often invents new words for the American dialect? Is there anything in the media that leads one to think otherwise.[/quote]

So it took him to say “republic of taiwan” for you and chinese around the world to figure this out? pretty quick lol.

I see, right after they figured out Bush is an idiot. that’s quite a scheme they hatched up! i bet they come up with brainstorms like that all the time, being so fast on the ball and all, lol.

[quote=“DB”]
but I don’t know that the two were ever combined in one breath.[/quote]

In fact, they weren’t.

I knew he was an idiot during the Bush (I) presidency, and they tried covered up much of his son’s exploits.

But once he uttered “Republic of Taiwan” as president, every Chinese in the world knew what a moron he was. The PRC took advantage of that fact.

Name one concensus the PRC has given the US after that statement. I cannot think of many.

1. Currency issue - They just waited for the US economy to slow down
  2. Trade safety issues - They just blamed US companies for not doing due dilligence
  3. Spy plane issue - They just set the plane back in pieces taking whatever technology they wanted
  4. North Korea - They just stonewalled everyone and got US to negotiate with NK
  5. Iran nuclear issue - They just said no
  6. Olympics - They told everyone to f*ck off and took the most Gold medals home

This POTUS really sucks at his job because he’s a moron. His ROT statement illustrates that clearly.

I knew he was an idiot during the Bush (I) presidency, and they tried covered up much of his son’s exploits.

But once he uttered “Republic of Taiwan” as president, every Chinese in the world knew what a moron he was. The PRC took advantage of that fact.

Name one concensus the PRC has given the US after that statement. I cannot think of many.

2. Trade safety issues - They just blamed US companies for not doing due dilligence
  3. Spy plane issue - They just set the plane back in pieces taking whatever technology they wanted
    [/quote]

so none of that would have happened if he had just said “taiwan.” wow. if the commies were as much of geniuses as you, we’d be paying tribute by now i guess.

Well they did move their currency away from the USD more, getting fed up with US pressure on the issue. That triggered the increase in interest rates. Which collapses the mortgage industry in the US. Maybe we should have been paying tribute as you put it. Or at least had leadership that was more aware of international matter, especially those in Asia.

Taiwan is just an indicator on how well verse an US citizen is in Asian affairs. If it was prudent for US leaders to be familar with European affairs in the 20th century in order to forward US interest. The same has to be said about Asia for the 21st century.

This POTUS really sucks at his job because he’s a moron. His ROT statement illustrates that clearly.[/quote]

So the PRC realised that Bush was a moron because he said “Republic of Taiwan”, and then gave him no more “concensus” (sic.). :loco:

I would guess these issues are discussed in diplomatic circles, and concessions are frequently given on alll sides.

1. “On July 21, 2005, the peg was finally lifted, which saw an immediate one-off RMB revaluation to 8.11 per USD.”
  2. Yeah right. Of course they have had to make concessions in this area. China trade policy could not be “blaming US companies for not doing due diligence” whatever that means.
  3. That happened the year before Bush made the “Republic of Taiwan” remark.
  4. Not because China wanted them to.
  5. No to sanctions?
  6. They were still angry about the “Republic of Taiwan” slip?

Nah…just get 'em to watch the Sand Pebbles. That explains all anyone needs to know about Asian culture in two hours, especially the boiler room scenes.