Big Bike's license course and test

:discodance: :bravo: :pray:[/quote]
It’s been a long day. I’m happy for I got the license, but I got a wisdom tooth removed today… it took almost 2 hours (I read on Internet that it never requires more than 15 minutes), and they even hammered my yawn…

I’m at home and 15 minutes ago I almost fainted and falled into the ground. I was alone and naked, so I decided to put on a trourser and knock at my neighbours’ door. Nobody in there, but i managed to remain awaken… minutes later i recovered my ear but i felt my hands tingling for a while… this has been a bad experience!

Ying and Yang.

Awesome. How much it did cost? I want to get the small bike and car license here (because I can’t get the Big Bike directly). Where did you take the test? :slight_smile:

Curious, did you actually have to spend all the required hours on the bike practicing?

6,200 + 200 extra for the test fees.

Car is about 10,000, I think.

I took the test in DaDu lu, like on the way to Dansuei (BeiTou area).

[quote=“tango42”]
Curious, did you actually have to spend all the required hours on the bike practicing?[/quote][/quote]

Uhmmmm I skip one class. I wanted to know the different bikes they had so I wouldn’t fail the test, but I also wanted to pratice cornering with them :smiley:

I picked up my license today. I must say that it looks cheap, but well, given that I paid 200 NT for it, it shouldn’t surprise me much. It’s pretty similar to the old one or perhaps even the same format, dunno.

So… I can finally ride legally my GS :smiley:

Big bike license? i presume by big bike they mean proper motorcycles with gear changing/clutch?
I have a yellow plate scooter - does that qualify as a big bike?
isn’t it pretty pointless taking a “big bike test” for a scooter, of which mine is only 14cc over the white plate limit of 250cc …

[quote=“jazzbass”]Big bike license? i presume by big bike they mean proper motorcycles with gear changing/clutch?
isn’t it pretty pointless taking a “big bike test” for a scooter, which is only 14cc over the white plate limit of 250cc …[/quote]
Big bike => yellow or red plate bike.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“jazzbass”]Big bike license? i presume by big bike they mean proper motorcycles with gear changing/clutch?
isn’t it pretty pointless taking a “big bike test” for a scooter, which is only 14cc over the white plate limit of 250cc …[/quote]
Big bike => yellow or red plate bike.[/quote]

Actually, I wondered about this myself. I always assumed when people referred to a “big bike” they mean 550cc or higher (red plate) and that there were separate licenses for yellow and red plate? Or is it just 1 scooter license (white/green plates) and 1 big bike license (yellow/red plates)?

I also was under the impression that one needs to retain the scooter license for 1 year before being allowed to try for the yellow and/or red plate license. Hence why I renew my IDP every year… :whistle:

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“jazzbass”]Big bike license? i presume by big bike they mean proper motorcycles with gear changing/clutch?
Big bike => yellow or red plate bike.[/quote]

Actually, I wondered about this myself. I always assumed when people referred to a “big bike” they mean 550cc or higher (red plate) and that there were separate licenses for yellow and red plate? Or is it just 1 scooter license (white/green plates) and 1 big bike license (yellow/red plates)?

I also was under the impression that one needs to retain the scooter license for 1 year before being allowed to try for the yellow and/or red plate license. Hence why I renew my IDP every year… :whistle:[/quote]
You need to have been holding an under 250cc licence for a year prior undergoing the test that allows you to take the “bigger” bikes test.

I’d like to get this done this year too. Does anyone have a list of “schools”, ideally in Taipei City or out toward Nangang?