Big bucks on Sunday

You are offered a three hour class every Sunday afternoon for $2100 per hour, do you accept?

• Absolutely, wouldn’t think twice
  • It depends on the working conditions
  • Only if I needed the money / could schedule another day off
  • No way! This seriously cuts into my hangover/day of rest / Sunday worship
  • You got to be kidding man. These kinds of jobs don’t exist

0 voters

just curious

:blush: I kinda screwed up making the poll…Could someone delete the other polls of mine

THX

Where’s the Duh? choice.

Classes like this don’t come around much, and don’t last long. take it.

He he he he… I just accepted a job which starts in July. A company job.

They asked me how much I charge an hour and I said $750. They thought I meant per person.
There are 8 people in the class and they gave me the job!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I doubt I’d work a Sunday though, especially for kiddies.

I think that a teacher could make a good living only working Saturday and Sunday and taking the week off. People are starving for Sat and Sun teachers!

[quote=“Dangermouse”]He he he he… I just accepted a job which starts in July. A company job.

They asked me how much I charge an hour and I said $750. They thought I meant per person.
There are 8 people in the class and they gave me the job!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/quote]

Shoot, I had the same situation, but like a fooooooooool, I set them straight.

Man, you don’t need to do much else with that job. :noway:

Who would be so rich to offer 2100/hr ? Has this ever happened? The most I’ve ever heard of is $1600/hr.

So, Dangermouse you are trying to tell me you landed a teaching job for $6000/hr???

I would do it in a heartbeat…seriously! Why waste a Sunday on not getting paid. But like they say, mo money mo problems.

Yup. Unless they cotton on and threaten to cancel. And they havn’t yet.

I’ve seen people post about other people making up to $3000/hour (a poster I know off the forums as well and trust). I’ve had a friend make $2,500/hour. Both jobs were private jobs for not many hours/week. My friends job didn’t last more than a few months, but I’m sure it was nice while it lasted.

My friend has actually gotten more than just a few jobs like that. They always seem to be jobs teaching at a company (group of employees) or some kind of CEO (read high uppper management) type things.

Thx for the feedback guys…

these classes might sound hellish if I told u they have more than 150 students, learning a formula to pass ETS exams. But with the class of that size, it’s almost just like giving dictation.

Should be easy. Already have a few more classes lined up. Been waiting for ten years for this kind of opportunity…so we’ll see I guess

I got one like DM’s once many years ago from someone who simply refused to listen when I explained that I was not an English teacher, had zero experience, no lesson plan, no idea how to make a lesson plan… you get the picture.
To get rid of him I told him I’d need a grand per hour from everyone in the class – 6 people – cash up front for 8 weeks/2 hours per week, no refunds for no shows, etc.
When he jumped at it, what was I supposed to do? The guy shoved almost 100K into my fist and I’m going to refuse?
To top it off, he started having the classes in a private room at the Banker’s Club. Which was also nice – I can still taste the prime rib and the cheeseboard. And they renewed twice, I believe.