Big country a lot of wackos

The next 6 years will be even more glorious. “Gloriouser”, to be precise.

2 Likes

Why is it that when violence involving ethnic minorities, the media outlets always identify their ethnicity, but when it’s a brawl on a cruise ship…

It’s a conspiracy!
Yawn

Oh you mean like when the rape gangs in the UK committed several thousands of rapes over the course of decades, and the police didn’t do anything to avoid being labeled racist, and when the news eventually became public the media labelled the rapists as “ASIANS”, knowing very well that, while technically correct, their countries of origin aren’t what people usually refer to “Asian” when talking about ethnicity?

Yeah, exactly like that.

Are you referring to police shootings?

In British English “Asian” is used to describe people from the Indian sub-continent.

It is sometimes used in that manner but I agree they should have made it clearer.

Not in the US, but in the UK people from the Middle East (excluding North Africa) and India are commonly referred to as “Asian” (which is technically correct).

2 Likes

BTW Nasim Aghdam was not transgender.

Yeah… not sure where that started. When I saw some right wing blogs and friends saying she was, I searched for… um, more reputable sources and found nothing about that. Seems more wishful thinking from the right… or as they like to call it, “fake news.” The same about her being a devout or fundamentalist Muslim. Even if she was by birth, she wasn’t currently practicing and the shooting had nothing to do with anything but her insane grievances with YouTube.

3 Likes

Her videos were pretty funny.

Can her vids be seen? Thought all were taken down

Dude, I tried watching a couple and I had to stop. I felt her staring at me through the computer. Those eyes just give me the chills.

You can see in other YouTube reviews. Quite wacky.

Saw a few none in English

Yes Wacky as in Wacko

Speaking of whackos on youtube…

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5wA9Owd_B0Y

She was not. She was a Baha’i, born into a Baha’i family.

I know. The same rightwing spin blogs that are claiming she was a transsexual also claim she was a Muslim fundamentalist (even though I’m pretty sure you can’t reconcile two such wildly at odds facets of an identity).

1 Like

Of course you can – humans can reconcile/rationalize literally anything.

For example:

(Actually I’ll skip the example. I don’t want people accusing me of making offensive analogies. But they’re out there.)