Big Garbage

hi all

where can i dump big pieces of garbage? washing machine and dryer are beyond repair, old moldy garbage can… Is there a dump one can take big items to? thanks…

Put them on the street. Somebody will walk off with them. Or keep an eye out for bin divers, they’ll want them.

gotta do it stealthy if thats the only way… got busted by the neighbors a few months ago

Where are you located? Taipei City will pick up and and throw away large appliances, furnitures, etc. for free…but you have to call them and pre-arrange a time…you also have to get the stuff down to street corner because they will not help you move it all downstairs…The Taipei City Department of Environmental Protection (in charge of garbage pickup, recycling, etc.) telephone number is 27206301…they will be able to direct you to the correct people…good luck…

[quote=“overtheborder”]hi all

where can i dump big pieces of garbage? washing machine and dryer are beyond repair, old moldy garbage can… Is there a dump one can take big items to? thanks…[/quote]

Take it to a remote place and leave it there… (if you have a car or can borrow a car), leave it outside in the middle of night where no one notices, someone will take them. Dont do it during rush hours cause the neighbors might complain…

I wish they’d allow guns here cause back in America we’d target practice with broken appliances… I shot at a lawnmower once… makes nice holes.

[quote=“rahimiiii”][quote=“overtheborder”]hi all

where can i dump big pieces of garbage? washing machine and dryer are beyond repair, old moldy garbage can… Is there a dump one can take big items to? thanks…[/quote]

Take it to a remote place and leave it there… (if you have a car or can borrow a car), leave it outside in the middle of night where no one notices, someone will take them. Dont do it during rush hours cause the neighbors might complain…

I wish they’d allow guns here cause back in America we’d target practice with broken appliances… I shot at a lawnmower once… makes nice holes.[/quote]
Are you serious? :noway:

I remember when I first came to Taiwan I somehow hooked up with this American guy who asked me to help him move house. I agreed and the first item on the agenda was the fridge. He lived on the fourth floor like half of all English teachers in Taiwan and the building didn’t have a lift. Now I give a lot of kudos to all Taiwanese removalists, gas delivery guys and air-condition repair men because quite frankly I’ve seen individual taike types move stuff that would take four guys and six sessions of parliament in Australia. Why he hadn’t just falked out a couple of thousand to have some professional come around and give an awe inspiring demonstration of physical prowess, I had know idea. But I was shortly to find out.

“We throw it out the window.”
“Are you sure about that, Kurt?”
“Yeah. Come on man. That’s what they all do. Now take a look out that window and see if there are no cars down there.”
I looked out the window and noticed, for the first time, his building was adjacent a car park.
“Well. There isn’t a car directly below the window but there are two that are pretty close?”
“Right. I had my motorbike parked there all afternoon. This is gonna work. Pick up your end.”
We both struggled pathetically with the fridge got it to the widow sill and in an act that some how demeaned my manhood tumbled it out to a spectacular crash that dented the concrete pavement and sent ballistic fragments into the two surrounding vehicles.

By the end of the day he’d moved house and forgone any responsibility for the fridge. I was slightly mortified, amused, and drunk. It’s not an approach I’m recommending.

[quote=“rahimiiii”][quote=“overtheborder”]hi all

I wish they’d allow guns here cause back in America we’d target practice with broken appliances… I shot at a lawnmower once… makes nice holes.[/quote]
This is asshole-ish behavior. Ignorant and stupid.

I have been thinking a lot lately about what things would make Taiwan a nicer place and right at the top of the list is if there was no dumping of rubbish every-goddamn-where.
Second on the list would be absolute protection of the waterways.
Third would be making it more expensive to own a car here, less expensive to own a big bike.

Yep, they are all anti-pollution measures, and that’s what I believe Taiwan is well overdue for.
Whenever I complain to locals about how the rivers here are disgusting and people throw shit everywhere without giving it a passing thought, the general response is “Oh, this is waaaay better than it used to be…”. Oh really? :noway:

:laughing: Aint that right!

Agreed.

You can also pre-arrange a pick up of big junk in Taipei county also. there should be sigbns around offering the number. You call and they tell you where to place it.

HG

I’m glad you said it. My original comment to rahimiiii was “Who let this idiot in? Dick.” but that was too harsh for a loveable mod like me. I’ll be more honest with my feelings about asshole-ish behavior from now on.

Thanks, Truant. You have rebirthed me.

No problem, I enjoyed it more than you, we should do it more often.

i’m in Taipei city… so i’ll give that number a call and arrange a time.

I think i’ve gone through the complete emotional range over illegal activity that goes on daily beit driving or people letting their dogs out on the street etc. From surprise/shock to anger to humoured acceptance…

This place has slowly become a home and i ought to set a good example and clean up the proper way. Kudos to all who try to take the higher road… though, i know i ceratinly haven’t in the past.

Rock on Traunt! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

i have a very simple solution:

are you ready?

you’re already moving right? you don’t want a particular piece of furniture? just leave the damn thing! how hard is that?

if you have any further questions, my expertise awaits the opportunity to find itself in a position to allow you to avail yourself of it.

maniacal laughter deleted

[quote]you’re already moving right? you don’t want a particular piece of furniture? just leave the damn thing! how hard is that?
[/quote]

well… i busted some of it… i plugged the fan into the air con plug, it was pretty wicked for like 3 secs before it blew. :blush: