Big Money and Customs

Does anyone know the process of sending large amounts of money back to the States? I called the IRS who told me to call Customs who told me to contact AIT who then said that the bank will fill out what the money is needed for and everything will be okay. Yeah right, like I am going to take an AIT flunkie’s word at face value.

I just sent $3,000,000NT back to the States for a down payment on a house and I don’t really want to be hassled.

Mr Bane,

The flunkie is correct. I believe that the amount one can send out is 500K USD per year. After that it gets into and customs issues (its about money laundering) but on the 500K you are only dealing with bank transfer fees.

Your safest bet is to call it personal living expenses or something like that. Same when bringing it in.

Chou

Thanks Chou :smiley:

Why, I was making it up. I really haven’t got a friggen clue! :wink:

Chou

Why, I was making it up. I really haven’t got a friggen clue! :wink:

Chou[/quote]
Then, you be da’ man…I downloaded so info and it looks as if you were spot on.

For that I will have you over for a swim and some drinks when I get settled back in California!

Sheeeit, I’m there man. But I hate L.A.:sunglasses:

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”]Sheeeit, I’m there man. But I hate L.A.:sunglasses:

Chou[/quote]

Yeah, me too.

I’m in a small town up in the Sierra Nevada foothills…so everything is good. :smiley:

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“chodofu”]Sheeeit, I’m there man. But I hate L.A.:sunglasses:

Chou[/quote]

Yeah, me too.

I’m in a small town up in the Sierra Nevada foothills…so everything is good. :smiley:[/quote]

Excellent. Been hiking around them there Mts. in my youth. Wouldn’t mind repeating the experience in my aged, well traveled, walking boots.

Chou