Bigger Bike

[quote=“plasmatron”]That’s it… the debate has ended… Anyone who is intersted in getting a big bike and is looking for bang for your buck, enough go to comfortably handle blasting, touring, commuting and yet something that won’t wrap you around the nearest bin lang tree at high speed first time out… THAT is what you want to buy… NT$300k!.. wow…

[/quote]

I’m with you on that. The first bike I’ve seen in that price point that really looks the part. Australian price appeared to be around AUD$10,500 (NT250,000approx) so it’s about 20% more expensive here.

[quote] Ninja 650R / EX650A6F USD$6,299.00[/quote] USA its a Ninja and would be around nt200,00 That would be a deal and its a Ninja. Did I mention the word Ninja. Can’t remember.

[quote]Engine

The key to the ER-6n’s compact size is its engine. Our engineers knew that for the trim package they were pursuing an In-line Four would be too wide and a V-Twin too long. The only engine design that offered both good power and the requisite compactness was a Parallel Twin.

The ER-6n’s 649 cm3 liquid-cooled power unit is far and away the most compact engine in its category, smaller even than that of the ER-5 - quite a feat, considering that the ER-6n displaces 150cc more than the ER-5.

All-new liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8-valve 649 cm3 Parallel Twin with fuel injection delivers smooth, responsive performance, especially in the low and medium rpm ranges. We tuned it for rider-friendly power characteristics that will inspire confidence in new riders.

The engine’s excellent mid-range power characteristics make the bike especially fun to ride at medium speeds on city streets. Roll-on response from 50 km/h is exceptional, offering impressive passing performance.

Large-bore 38 mm throttle bodies feature sub-throttles for high power output with smooth, sensitive throttle response.[/quote]

Yeah…that ER-6F…might not be the dumbest bike in the world to buy. And you can get touring boxes from Kawasaki for it. In comparison to my last 600cc bike…it has about 45 horses less. Which might make it feel a bit anemic to me…I dunno. Mind you the torqe is probably comparable…and that’s the only thing you really “feel”. Hmmm.

Considering the fact that I’ll be travelling at 100kph slower than you most of time it should be ok.

Considering the fact that I’ll be travelling at 100kph slower than you most of time it should be ok.[/quote]

Oh, I’m not trying to knock the bike…I’m giving it some serious thought myself. There’s a good chance that’ll be my next bike. If I can find it in Black…and I’d probably prefer the naked version as well.

That bike is super cool. I’d consider it myself…It looks a bit uncomfortable for passengers, and I would like to add some sort of saddlebags for longer trips, touring. What do you folks think?

You can buy bags made for the bike from Kawasucky:

And if I’m going to buy it…well then none of you can…so mods please delete this whole thread.

Are there any other 250cc options other than the Honda Hornet or the Venox?

[quote=“Mordeth”]
You can buy bags made for the bike from Kawasucky:

And if I’m going to buy it…well then none of you can…so mods please delete this whole thread.[/quote]

No problem…All you gotta do to qualify is get your money together before tomorrow afternoon :smiling_imp: And the naked version isn’t available yet.

Hey MJB…can I borrow 100,000nt?

That naked version is pretty tasty… And an almost reasonable price for a bike in Taiwan too. If I were staying here longer I’d definitely look into that…

I went to Kawasaki official dealer two weeks ago to take a look of the bike but unfortunately they didn’t have it yet…they said it probably in by mid/end of March…and unfortunately, they won’t imported the naked version b/c they aren’t sold in the US :astonished:…(the naked version probably will be imported by independent dealer)

They also said that they will only sell the one with gold frame, no red frame one…

Anyway, can’t wait to see the real one…do you guys see the muffler on that thing?..pretty cool, huh?

Hey guys!

I almost bought the ER-6f today. No joke. I went to the local Kawasaki dealership…the owner has been my good friend for 5 years and only just recently became a Kawasaki dealership. So I’d like nothing more than to buy from him. He also told me that there is a 0% interest on loans through Kawasaki right now. So even if I didn’t have any money to put down I could get a 4 year loan and the monthly payments would be less 10k.

BUT, on my way home I stopped by another big bike shop and checked out the FZ-6 by Yamaha. It costs about 20-30k more…but has 20 more hp and probably about 30-50km/hr more on the top end.

The Yamaha’s power is in the high rpms…which most would count as a con…but that’s what I’m used to…and most comfortable with. I enjoying working the clutch hard and listening to the engine scream.

So as it stands…I looks like I’ll be getting the FZ-6 in about two months.

BUT, my Kawasaki friend is getting a black and red (my colours) ER-6f in tomorrow…so I’ll go there and check it out…and if someone lends me one to ride…there’s a possibility I could save myself 30k and get the slower (top end) ER-6f.

Either way…I’m excited. :bravo:

Well, “BIKE” magazine did a comparison between Honda Hornet600, Kawasaki ER-6N, Ducati monster and Yamaha FZ-6…and their winner is Hornet600…and last place is FZ-6!!..I got the impression that they really dislike FZ-6 in every aspect…

Also you might want to consider this brand new bike…Suzuki GSR600
singaporebikes.com/forum/ind … opic=93204

List price in Taiwan NT$380K!!..I think will be launched this May

Ok…as things stand right now. It looks like I’m buying the Kawasaki tomorrow. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

I’ve been researching it on the internet. And talking it over with friends…and from what I can tell the ER-6f will accelerate about as fast as a true sports bike up to 100 or so. And after that it will continue strongly to 200km/hr…at that point it will just die out…even though the rpms won’t be maxed.

230 was the absolute highest speed I’d hit on a regular basis on the CBR…and there was only 1 road relatively close to me where I could go higher than that…so I don’t need higher than 200 for much.

Plus the owner of the shop said he’d give me the bike for LESS THAN 300k. I can buy it…ride for a season…then sell it for 40k less. Who wouldn’t buy it for only 250k? And if I buy it this week I pay 0% interest on the loan. This is turning out to be an interesting day.

Plus, it will be nice to spank plasmatron on a bike that costs 1/3 the price of his :wink: .

[quote=“Mordeth”]
Plus, it will be nice to spank plasmatron on a bike that costs 1/3 the price of his :wink: .[/quote]There y’go agin, writing checks you can’t cash. :laughing: :s :wink:

I’m not trying to win any speed races, which is why I think this will be perfect…And I’ve been putting around on a little two-stroke for 16 years. I imagine I have a lot to re-learn once I get the beast home, and that’s why I put the question to Mordeth earlier in the thread.

I ride every day, and romp in the mountains more often than most, but I’m under no delusion that I’ll be able to ride this well straight off the get-go.

But lordy am I excited… :sunglasses:

[quote=“MJB”]I’m not trying to win any speed races, which is why I think this will be perfect…And I’ve been putting around on a little two-stroke for 16 years. I imagine I have a lot to re-learn once I get the beast home, and that’s why I put the question to Mordeth earlier in the thread.

I ride every day, and romp in the mountains more often than most, but I’m under no delusion that I’ll be able to ride this well straight off the get-go.

But lordy am I excited… :sunglasses:[/quote]

So I’m guessing that means you are getting one? Maybe we’ll get to ride together again sometime since we’ll have matching bikes :help: . I’ll wear the indian head dress if you wear the construction hat with the short denim shorts.

But seriously…if you’re getting it you should get it soon since there is 0% intrest on loans…but only for another week. I fully plan on doing the paper work tomorrow. Only thing that might get in my way now is my damn white skin…in the way of me not being able to get a loan.

And don’t let yourself get too excited…I did that with the CBR and went into a depression after buying it. Expect little and you’ll always be happy with what you get. And since I’m going from a “top of the line” race bike…to a “budget bike” I’m not expecting much. So hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. What about that 100k MJB?

i’m quite happy with my hornet 250 :smiley: she goes well enough… and a top of 170 is more than enough to get into trouble with… especially on a naked bike… and i haven’t ridden a bike yet that handles as well as she does…

would like to upgrade to a z1000 one day though… or perhaps the new 10r… mmmm… now to find a better paying job…

Oh dear, there you go again on your speed comparisons. Stats mean “jack” unless you intend on spending time at the very limit every second fo every ride…besides, You won’t find CBR performance in this bike, I guarantee it!..but you will get your kicks in, and maybe survive!

…But I wouldn’t go as far as saying that you’d be doing any spanking…! :slight_smile:

Oh dear, there you go again on your speed comparisons. Stats mean “Jack” unless you intend on spending time at the very limit every second fo every ride…besides, You won’t find CBR performance in this bike, I guarantee it!..but you will get your kicks in, and maybe survive!

…But I wouldn’t go as far as saying that you’d be doing any spanking…! :slight_smile:[/quote]

I really agree with the highlighted part of your quote above. I was never riding the CBR at 100% it’s potential…not even close. And since the Ninja is a much “easier” bike to ride…I think my chances of taking the Ninja to 100% would be better. And finally…I think a “budget” sports bike ridden at near 100% is still going to be much quicker than the hundreds of superbikes on the street.

So…yeah…I think this bike will be ok.