Bike stalls and backfires

Electro-gonad therapy?

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
Thanks! I’ll have him check the spark plug, and check the muffler connection at the same time. I’ll ask about the CDI too if I can figure out what that is in Chinese, he heh… :help:[/quote]CDI is the same in Chinese. There might be another technical term in Chinese but mechanics use the term CDI that I know of.

Pleasure to help you but mind me, it’s guessing work a lot of times, more so on the internet. One thing though is your bike being only 1.5 yeays old makes it easier to guess. You had the muffler removed for maintenance and you suspect the air mixture was increased so that all seems to make sense trusting redwagon is right when he says this:[quote]Popping in the exhaust on the overrun is caused by one of two things. Rich idle mixture + leak in the exhaust[/quote]

As for the stalling, I still suspect a faulty CDI. Unfortunately, they cost a bit. On a yamaha BWS, the Yamaha genuine part is 2500NT. The made in Taiwan version is 650NT…On your bike I’d guess it to be about 800NT at least. So like I said, best is to have a spare one to test-drive the bike first or find a shop that will leave the CDI on your bike only if the old one was actually causing the problem.

It takes seconds to install and it generally looks like this:

A dirty carb on a 1.5 years old bike is not likely to make it stall just yet IMO. It’s too recent.

bobepine