Mach Eagle ?

2 Likes

5 Likes

That perfect moment!

Fast camera, too.

In our garden
IMG_20190530_072914~2

2 Likes

Now you’ve gotta go feed them: go and catch some caterpillars, chew them up, swallow, vomit them back up, and add several drops at a time to each of those hungry little mouths using an eye dropper.

2 Likes

Their mommy is around for that. I got my own kids who can torment me.

1 Like

P_20190607_104410_vHDR_Auto

Today I made a discovery that step aside Bbc’s Earth, let a professional show how it’s done.

I found out how Myna teach their chicks to look for food by themselves. The parents go on the ground with the chicks, and one of them flies several meters away to avoid distracting them. Then the other parent starts walking around collecting food, with the chicks following him/her with an open mouth and begging for food. When the parent finds something to eat , he/she turns around, looks at the chicks and eats the food in front of them. This goes on for a while, until eventually one of the chicks instead of waiting for food (that’s not coming) starts to pick up the same stuff that the parent is eating.

The whole process took around 15/20 minutes. I was at the park playing basket and when I left I found the family of 5 Mynas strolling around. The chicks were still following the parents very closely and making a lot of sounds, but they were not begging for food at all, they were just staying with them for safety while looking for food themselves.

I wish I had the camera with me.

6 Likes

20190607_151136

7 Likes

Need help with the name of this Taiwan raptor. Hawk? Goshawk?

IMG_6873

1 Like