Birth certificate

a few questions to those families, which father/mother is a (western) foreigner

the chinese version:
Is ist written completely in chinese ?
Does it even have the fathers’ / mothers’ name written in chinese
Is there a chance, that the western name of the child is written in ABC …

the english version:
The name of the child is written ?
in chinese characters
in chinese (PinYin)
in english
in both english and english

If regristering the child in the western country, which documents do you get a stamp for ?
Best case, just the english or both chinese and english ?

I am asking this, because my country embassy here thinks, that the english version is
just a copy from the original, chinese version, and thus not willing to accept just a stamp on
the english version …
Curiouys, how asbout your countries handling this ?

Did you also have to get a stamp for both the birth certificate and the new household-regristration
with the baby written on it ?
In my case, they insist on both, but what I don’t get, is that the new entry (baby) household regristration is
based on the birth certificate …

Another thing,
how much is youyr country to legalize a taiwanese docoment to your country (I think that is this Appostille-thing).
For my country it is NT$ 1.600 per document - quite expensive …

Thanks for your helping comments,

Birth Certificate answers (anyone can correct me)

Chinese version -
Will be completely in Chinese
Will have mother and father’s names, but are usually in Chinese (at least our two kids are that way)
Will not have the child’s name in EITHER English or Chinese (children here are not usually given names at birth, but instead after one month when they are placed on the house registry)

English version (I only know about the two I received from the public hospital my kids were born at)
Has father’s, mother’s and child’s name in English
No Chinese (except maybe some characters for the hospital’s name on the seal/stamp)
Pinyin only for the parent who has a Taiwanese passport (basically they just render your name as it reads on your passport)
Also has a rather official looking seal and/or stamp

The US Embassy … haha AIT, I mean … will accept the English version alone, no need to show the Chinese version. I can’t speak for other embassies, offices, etc.

Notarization -
If your country will not accept the English version, you can get the Chinese version translated (use a translation service) and then go the district court and get the court to notarize the translation. This is a bit time consuming, but it might be the best way.

As far as registering the baby here in Taiwan, you would need to go to the local house registry office within two months of the babies birth with 1) Chinese birth certificate 2) both parents’ ID’s 3) name chops (though I think you can just sign it now) and 4) your house’s hu kou ming bu (your personal copy of the house registry)

I’m not sure I follow your later questions, so read the above and anything else others have to say and get back to us if you have more questions.