Birth Control

I’m in a thread startin’ mood today. Here’s a topic worthy of discussion. What do you use? Condoms? IUD? The Pill?

Personally, I use the rythm and withdrawal combo. So far, it’s worked for 3+ years.

Worked just fine for my wife and me too. :slight_smile:

Would you like to see a picture of our beautiful daughter. :blush:

Would you like to see a picture of our beautiful daughter. :blush:[/quote]

Funny, :notworthy:

but seriously…what went wrong? Count the days wrong? Stay in a tad too long?

Masturbation has worked splendidly for me.

but seriously…what went wrong? Count the days wrong? Stay in a tad too long?[/quote]

Don’t know. Maybe I just don’t understand the method. I figured you just hold off on sex until you start going into withdrawal, then you get back into the rhythm.

Seriously. . . withdrawal is not a method. It’s gambling. Maybe it’ll work 9 times out of 10. Or 19 times out of 20. Or even 99 times out of 100. But so what? If you’re having sex regularly then eventually one day you’ll be too drunk, or too tired, or too horny, or too stupid, and you’ll screw up. Then you just have to wait and pray. And even if you don’t screw up and come (cum?) inside, sperm can still make it out in the preseminal fluid.

So if you think condoms suck, and she doesn’t like the pill and you say, what the hell, we’ll rely on the withdrawal method, if you do it enough times chances are you will become a parent. Seriously. That’s what happened to me. I love my wife and my daughter, but wow, life sure is different now. I was lucky so many times for so many years, but it only takes one tiny sperm out of a few million making it to its goal to change your life forever.

The answer is to shag post-menopausal women! :slight_smile:

Or menstruating women. Slosh, slosh, slosh. :slight_smile:

but seriously…what went wrong? Count the days wrong? Stay in a tad too long?[/quote]

Don’t know. Maybe I just don’t understand the method. I figured you just hold off on sex until you start going into withdrawal, then you get back into the rhythm.

Seriously. . . withdrawal is not a method. It’s gambling. Maybe it’ll work 9 times out of 10. Or 19 times out of 20. Or even 99 times out of 100. But so what? If you’re having sex regularly then eventually one day you’ll be too drunk, or too tired, or too horny, or too stupid, and you’ll screw up. Then you just have to wait and pray. And even if you don’t screw up and come (cum?) inside, sperm can still make it out in the preseminal fluid.

So if you think condoms suck, and she doesn’t like the pill and you say, what the hell, we’ll rely on the withdrawal method, if you do it enough times chances are you will become a parent. Seriously. That’s what happened to me. I love my wife and my daughter, but wow, life sure is different now. I was lucky so many times for so many years, but it only takes one tiny sperm out of a few million making it to its goal to change your life forever.[/quote]

I guess I’ve always known it was a gamble. In fact, the PP was 4 days late this month. Surprisingly enough, I was completely calm about the whole thing. The last couple of weeks, I ve been to a couple of parties with some relatively newborn children in attendance. I was on them like a fat kid on a red smartie. At 43, I think my biological clock just got ticking.

But, after all is said and done…

Seeing as I am not doing anything this weekend, wanna go fishing?

:smiley:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Don’t know. Maybe I just don’t understand the method. I figured you just hold off on sex until you start going into withdrawal, then you get back into the rhythm.

So if you think condoms suck, and she doesn’t like the pill and you say, what the hell, we’ll rely on the withdrawal method, if you do it enough times chances are you will become a parent. Seriously. That’s what happened to me. I love my wife and my daughter, but wow, life sure is different now. I was lucky so many times for so many years, but it only takes one tiny sperm out of a few million making it to its goal to change your life forever.[/quote]

Hey, I could have written this post. You both know how many children I have right? Still, I figure 4 kids in 12 years and having sex as much as we did (very very often) can’t be too bad.

As for withdrawal–MT’s right, it is a gamble. I learned that in 11th grade Biology, and still managed to get myself knocked up 3 years later. AND, my big brother was conceived in the back seat of our father’s car. My mom’s first time fooling around (first “lover”) and he ejaculates outside her but he must have been close enough and she must have been moist enough that that little sucker made it to the egg. He never even got that close again until after he was born (guess how soon I was conceived?) The doctor was the one who broke my mother’s hymen when she was about six months pregnant during the exam. Talk about bad luck, huh?

IUD is good if you don’t want to bother with rythm and withdrawl. I think of IUD as an investment for peace of mind. Stay away from the hormone laced IUD.

To be honest rythm only works if the girl is regular. If they have irregular cycles, its kind of useless and you spend weeks in grief waiting for her period.

That was WAY TOO MUCH information. :astonished:

[quote=“Toe Save”]

Personally, I use the rythm and withdrawal combo. So far, it’s worked for 3+ years.[/quote]

Have you considered the possibility that you and/or your wife can not procreate?

That was WAY TOO MUCH information. :astonished:[/quote]

Um, we’re all adults here, right?

That was WAY TOO MUCH information. :astonished:[/quote]

Um, we’re all adults here, right?[/quote]

Unfortunately. And I disagree with funkymonkey, imo your message was fine. Great story, in fact.

Uh, like a minute or two after your mother was ready again? :laughing:

Poor dad, nine months of waiting.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Or menstruating women. Slosh, slosh, slosh. :slight_smile:[/quote] Nothing wrong with blood sports.

At my home we use nothing but for some reason the little ones are not happening. :help:

Often, the way it happens is that I shag her until she’s tired of it and says enough, then I have to finish the job myself. So, in other words, my method of birth control is the same as Jinete Mortal’s.

I run into that problem myself, except I can never finish it myself. There’s something about going from her-to-hand that makes me think, I’ll make due.

I think mostly it’s just that you get tired and it gets numb. Anyway, this is getting dangerously close to Too Much Information.

Oversharing.

Ooops…thought this was the Psychological Test Thread.

Back on topic…when that numb, ain’t gonna happen, no way, no how feeling takes over, I just claim it’s tantric.

At least that’s better than the opposite effect…you know “TDTF”…that’s when it becomes like stuffing marshmallows into a piggy bank.