Birthday gift ideas for a 2-year-old girl?

A little help, please?

can never go wrong with books.
multiple ones. with pictures and teaching of words

2 Likes

Budget?

My daughter likes this electronic poster with animals. When you push on them it will say the name of the animal and do their typical sound.

1 Like

1000NT

I have always found drum kits to be especially popular gifts for kids.

1 Like

Love it. I think I’ll use that as a suggestion to extort Mom and Dad.

My girl is going to turn 2 too.
Recently, we saw her interacting with an older girl and getting fascinated with the little purse the girl had. I think it could be a good gift too. Something cute, like a Hello Kitty or with a little ribbon.

1 Like

Good suggestion, as she is completely fascinated with Jie Jie’s stuff and JJ is a princess. However, I think shoulder pads or a goalie mask might suit this one a little better. A more ruff&tumble child you’ll ne’er meet.

That said, she was in Canada for 3 months, and even though we’ve seen each other a few times since they returned, yesterday, at Zumba for Kids, Mom handed her off to me so she could get her shoes on, and what happened next will live transfixed in my memory forever.

This hug went on for 45 minutes. Not exaggerating here. She glommed on and would not let go, even when Dad returned from parking the car. It seemed like she was making up for 3 months of missed hugs.

I love being an uncle.

7 Likes

She was trying to give you hockey tips , but you didn’t realize :blush:

2 Likes

Ya, she was whispering, “wee-tie-uh.” Now I get her meaning. Thanks @shiadoa.

1 Like

Tinkertoys or wooden blocks unless she still puts things in her mouth. (or nose)

Or small figurines like Hello Kitty or Toy Story figures.

That’s what my youngest daughter played with the most at that age.

1 Like

How about a gift idea for the 2-year-old’s parents? If they don’t have an instant read thermometer, its a gift they may find useful for a long time.

https://find.ruten.com.tw/s/?q=infrared+thermometer

My son is now 7 years old. So, he has friends over, we get email alerts from his school about classmates getting sick – stuff that makes me want to do a quick non-invasive (surreptitious, if possible) check when they walk in our door so we can get a heads up on when the risk factors probably rise. You cannot completely prevent your kid from getting sick - it’s part of growing up. But getting a jump on the illness can minimize downtime. An infrared thermometer comes in handy this way, even if it isn’t definitive.

1 Like

Damn. I thought that was a Tazer for a second :grimacing:

1 Like