Bitan music this weekend

For anyone interested in some free non-mainstream musical interludes, there’ll be concerts this Saturday and Sunday at Bitan (very end of the Green MRT line).
Between 3 pm and 5 pm on Saturday there’s concerts by the Betel Nut Brothers, Ken Ohtake and Lin Shengxiang, all of whom are well worth listening to, while on Sunday at the same time you can see and hear Lo Sirong, followed by the Muddy Basin Ramblers.
Should be fun and its free.

Hope to see some of you there.

http://www.treesmusic.com/festival/2008mmf/bitan.htm

Sorry, can’t find any vids of Shengxiang or Lo Sirong, but they’re both Hakka singer-songwriters of great skill and finesse. You shouldn’t miss them.

The Betel Nut Brothers video has some dreamy surfing action in it, too. Fantastic stuff!

Is this going to be another event you’re promoting but won’t be at?
Last time you were promoting the Forumsa Happy Hour at KGB like crazy, yet you didn’t turn up…
After that I’m not going to anything you’re promoting, as you’re not going to be there :snooty:

I’ll be there on the Sunday for sure, but on the Saturday we’re doing a live radio broadcast so I’ll miss that show.
I’ll be the one wearing the brown derby. You won’t be able to shut me up, I promise.
But really, click on those youtube links. If you like what you hear, you really should make the effort to get there on the Saturday AND the Sunday. You can also have a Sri Lankan curry roti or two from Athula.

Thursday bump.

Once Bitan, twice shy? :idunno:

Sorry Matthew, we don’t play any 70s music. And would never aspire to covering the great Mott the Hoople.

Sorry Matthew, we don’t play any 70s music. And would never aspire to covering the great Mott the Hoople.[/quote]Oh… I think I’ve Bitan off more than I can chew.

Sorry Matthew, we don’t play any 70s music. And would never aspire to covering the great Mott the Hoople.[/quote]Oh… I think I’ve Bitan off more than I can chew.[/quote]

Keep it up, pal, and you’ll be treated to a Bitan you won’t soon forget…

I almost went today, but then I realized that today is not Saturday. Is it just at the MRT station? or do you have to walk somewhere?

Edit: I should have asked if it was off the Bitan path.

You have to walk for maybe 5 minutes at the most. Turn left out the turnstiles, turn left again out the station, walk along the street past the foodstalls and turn right up the steps to the footbridge. You’ll then see the waterfront area and that’s where we’ll be.

it looks like the stage is located under the highway bridge, so just cross the road to the left out of the station and up the stairs by the river. That way we’ll be more out of re rain.

Thanks to everyone who came out to see us play. We had a good time finally getting to play a real show with a stage and everything at the same place we usually just play for kicks.

I was there! Sadly, 24 hours early … :doh:

Here a link to some of the photos I took and thanks again, was great fun to listen to you guys…

Oh, and sorry, had no time to do any croping yet…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingxia/sets/72157607984830798/

[quote=“mingshah”]Here a link to some of the photos I took and thanks again, was great fun to listen to you guys…
Oh, and sorry, had no time to do any croping yet…
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mingxia/sets/72157607984830798/[/quote]Wow, your pics are fantastic! You really captured the mood. Well done.
I really enjoyed the concert, thanks to the Muddy Basin Ramblers for playing!
Also thanks for posting it here. I would really have liked to make it to the Betel Nut Brothers show on Sat. It seems I rarely hear of their gigs.