Bitcoin, something worth investing in?

@Brianjones thinks what?

It’s not something that keeps me up at night.
Besides I don’t think it’s something that China really has much control over, and the US is a bit of a pain in the ass with its securities law but things keep developing on a global basis.

1 Like

FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT COIN
Why did they have to announce something out of the blue in the middle of a bull run. I could be cashing out my fortune right now.

1 Like

I’ve been out of this thread for a couple yrs, did you HODL all your Cryptos from 2018? You must have done really well.

Yeah I did . I’ve been doing really well. Only this year. Not only did I hold but I made a few buys in defi coins that were pretty spectacular . But I’m only up 3 times my total investment because I started just prior to the 2017 infamous bust. Now that is in the context of being down about 70 per cent at one stage. Time in the market and DCA works in crypto just like other markets. What I feel good about is being well positioned for another five to ten years of growth.

2 Likes

Ouch, that had to hurt

It hurt bad for about two years.
There was a big dead cat bounce that caught me out as well in around April 2018. I remember checking my crypto holdings on a family holiday in 2018 and just being crushed. It’s not a ‘game’ for the faint of heart.
However I believe we are starting into the next super cycle now, so give and take your usual volatility we should see a trillion dollar market and more by next year. I was caught out again by recent strength in btc , never write off BTC. I hope the alts and ethereum kick back into gear soon.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’ve tripled your money, yea I remember the crypto drop, I should have just stayed in. But its fine I did better with stocks
What gains do you think BTC will see in the next 2 yrs?

Double at least.

1 Like

Twice as many tulips!

This should help the cause:

1 Like

Yes it’s worth investing in. :slight_smile:
Time in the market beats everything.
We are starting into the next super cycle of Bitcoin now. Where’s the peak. I’m not sure, it could be anywhere from 50k to 100k or more. I’m predicting 50k to 100k myself.
In Bitcoin supercycles it can go 10x the last peak but the last cycles have been lowering in multiple.
A conservative estimate for the super cycle new peak to last peak is actually 5x so 100k.
Super conservative would be only 2.5x at 50k and we are almost there already.

If you don’t believe this is a thing folks you should study the history of bitcoin.

Posted Jun 2019. Not far off right now. When should I take profits bitcoiners ?I’m thinking going half to cash if it hits 60k, maybe all to cash if it hits 90k+ because more people MAY be printed to sell out at a 100k or if it continually rejects at 100k. It doesn’t mean I won’t buy back in it depends on the drop value.
I’m trying to stick to risk management on this one and not have to wait another 3 years to make max gains at the top of the current cycle .

2 Likes

This cycle at 60k? I guess I will hold a bit more then

Wait to see what the Fed does. If they continue with the inflationary practices BTC could be 150K by the end of next year. If they bring back confidence in the dollar and stop printing cash like it’s monopoly money it could crash back under 20K.

1 Like

Taking profit is always good too. There will be hills and valleys I’m just sharing my personal thoughts. It might not work out like that.

The area of DeFi is taking off (decentralised finance ), China and others issuing their digital currencies and next will probably be digital assets (non fungible tokens ) which you can trade derivatives or digital shares of stocks or real things such as famous artwork, football teams, houses, you name it…
This whole area is just getting started. It’s kind of like the dot com boom it’s true. Version 1 is now and Version 2 will be coming when it’s all built out with easy to use consumer apps five or ten years from now .

1 Like

One thing I want to say.
Time in the market has always been the way you increase your worth in Bitcoin.
It means if you don’t need the money now it’s highly likely another three years from now that price will have multiplied in value again . I don’t see why that will change. But you have to be able to wait those years out and just HODL. Which isn’t much fun if you want to actually do something with the money .

The corporatist controllers want to control it:

Yes. This.

It will either fail or succeed spectacularly.

I bet on the second and put all my BTC in a trust for my kids. They make good livings already, but if I bet correctly, they’ll have a lot of extra security.

2 Likes

It’ll keep growing. Even with quantum computers they’ll fork the code and you’ll be fine . I lied , I’ll never sell a 100%.