Bitcoin, something worth investing in?

1 Like

Is btc crashing? How low could it go?

Seems like what’s happening in K-stan the last few days is not helping BTC price lately, at least that’s what a few Telegrammers are noting. Oh well.

Where the diamond hands at?

Crypto coins are similar to growth stocks - a bet on capital appreciation as opposed to current cash flow through dividends. Rising rates effectively raise the discount rate, thus making growth stocks or crypto less attractive compared to assets that produce earlier cash flows. Thus I would expect crypto to perform poorly compared to low leverage dividend stocks or growth stocks with positive net income and low leverage.

But then I’m in entertainment, so what do I know.

1 Like

There’s definitely something to that also , after all the talk, Bitcoin seems to have little obvious use as protection from inflation (the most recent story). Then again it was no good for payments either. I think the recent crash from the top is more about derisking.

I expect crypto will settle and pick up momentum again in 2022 from gaming , the metaverse, microtokenpayments (gaming, browsing , attention driving huge volume in developing countries ) per use and NFTs and Ethereum moving to Proof of Stake which is more environmentally friendly. Integration of Eth Layers 2s into web browsers and apps making crypto much easier and cheaper to utilize (a simple comparison would be going from dial-up to ADSL…We are probably getting to ADSL now…And within a couple of years Broadband in terms of crypto/blockchain potential ) . I expect Bitcoin to lag but end the year higher than it is now. I expect Ethereum to reach new ATHs. I think Bitcoin will finally move into the background and new cryptos will storm ahead. It’s probably a good time to DCA into projects such as Sandbox, Decentra, Polygon , Helium, ETH.
But who really knows how it will pan out.

Crypto mining leads to electricity shortages in the Balkans.

The world is increasingly going bonkers.
:man_shrugging:

Looking at what is happening today, crypto is really the Nasdaq on steroids…

More like Lyle Alzado today.

Except of course that it’s not, the government is just in a dispute over paying for electricity imports and is trying to throw blame at anyone they can except of course for themselves.

Found a good site for crypto betting: betmoose.com

Geez only took the feds 6 years to track them down. That’s nearly half the time BTC has existed. Guess they screwed up on their opsec somewhere along the line. Wonder if they’ll auction it off or add it to a government stash.

Won’t they return it to the rightful owners?

Ahh right, I’m an idiot. Just thinking about the old silk road seizure where they ended up auctioning it off. Then later it was reviled that some corrupt feds had made off with some of their own…

1 Like

The rightful owners were lucky that their Bitcoins were stolen. They might have sold otherwise.

2 Likes

That would be funny if it turns out that way. It’s probably taken a few years off their lives though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve no idea how easy it is to trace Bitcoin ownership.

I have no idea!