Bizarre English names - Part 2

Funniest one I have seen is “Shrek”. It was hilarious and he knew it (

Makes perfect sense if he or she is still a virgin. :idunno:

I’ll never forget Kunt Chang. Now that’s a name!

I just met a dude named Passion. He was wearing a shirt that said, “Str8 Off the Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton.”

:thumbsup: :roflmao: Effing brilliant!!! I hope you took a picture of that shirt!

Had a 5th grade girl named Dorkus. All I could do not to laugh out loud.

Further to this one:

I just encountered a Kunter Chang.

Recently seen 5th graders:
Million (girl)
Jan, Jenny, Joy, Poseidon, Naruto (all boys)

Jan (pronounced Yahn) is actually a boy’s name in many European nations, but they probably don’t know that.

Beer, Iceling and Bean.

I also had this supplier in China once called Roger Moore. Apparently his Chinese name sounded similar to Moore, so he did what came naturally.

Yeah? Were they the names or the ingredients of a Taiwanese good night out? I’m sure I’ve seen plenty of dudes here having beer with ice, and binlang.

Roger Moore is awesome. He was, in my opinion, also the best James Bond. I love Roger Moore. I always thought he was a shocking James Bond until I saw some sort of documentary on James Bond and I realised Moore had an incredibly wry sense of humour and was basically taking the piss the entire time he was James Bond and no one got it, but just thought he was a crap actor.

Yes, it’s also a very common Afrikaans name. What with all the Saffas plying their trade here, their are bound to be a few Taiwanese Jans running around. But nothing bizarre about the name at all.

Super, Eating (from a TV show) and Seamus (which is actually an Irish name for James…just amazed that a kid was called that here).

You mean Saffies move here and live only in Saffie groups and yet give the locals a Saffie name they can call them by?

You mean Saffies move here and live only in Saffie groups and yet give the locals a Saffie name they can call them by?[/quote]
Something like that. But, of course, we’re only talking about a certain type of Saffa.

Got some new adults tonight with some interesting, if not bizarre names.
Guy called Amigo. :doh: Yeah, he knows it means friend in Spanish.
Maphia is back. But I kinda like that name now. It has it’s own special style. :thumbsup:
Leito. He insists it’s French. Not being French, I’m not really sure. :idunno:

Leito is the guy from that French parkour movie District B13

youtube.com/watch?v=_GpOroM0g80

You mean Saffies move here and live only in Saffie groups and yet give the locals a Saffie name they can call them by?[/quote]

All this talk of saffies makes me think of this profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak … 6022_n.jpg

Encountered a Lancelot and a Hope.

Pepsi, Wang and Potter (like harry potter)

odd odd names

parents you can’t just choose a random english word and name your kid that

bad parents, bad!

Hope is actually not an odd English name as such (it might be these days, though not compared to some of the names I’ve seen!). I think there was a girl called Hope in my class when I was really little.

Anyway, I think Hope was one of those names that was either one of the Christian virtues, or based upon them, that was common for women of my grandparents’ generation and the generation before. My paternal grandmother was called Constance (Connie) and my maternal grandmother was called Faith (Fay). My paternal grandfather’s father was called Earnest.