Bizarre English names - Part 2

See, it’s a powerful name! I think I’ve set him up for success.

The old Slavic names are not to be messed with. I should like to have been named Olga. I think it would much better suit the image and overall vibe I’m going for.

2 Likes

No one F**ks with Ludmila

1 Like

My grand-nephew needs a baptismal name. I’m going to recommend “Polycarp.”

1 Like

There are some heartless Parents out there

1 Like

Jelly Shores (given to him by an American teacher in college)
Harry Botter (self-chosen)
YoYo (never learned if that was a Chinese name)
Ding Dong (real Chinese name, and no clue)
Chocolate
Hanberry (google says it’s a family name)
Li Li-Li (real Chinese name, convinced her to use Lily after giving Tripoli a try)
Yi Lai (Chinese name, I tried change it to Eli and he wouldn’t have it)
Several Echos, many Apples, and once Wind later a Cloud. Nouns should not be names.
Bulldog (a woman I currently work with, not her real name but that’s what I call her)
I’ve heard that American parents are giving kids weird names now. It was in the news recently about a girl named ABCD, pronounced (a-BEE-SEE). The article said over 200 kids had that name.

1 Like

I-Yung Ho

Yes, really. Poor girl.

I guess it’s better than Won Hung-Lo

Willy Weng
Love Wu

Pretty hard to beat The Svett

How about Armani, Vuitton, Hermes, Gucci, and Ferragamo.
I’ve also met Intel and Nike. I guess some people are obsessed with brand names.

Would you tell a young lady to change her name from Luice? I’ve tried so very hard to convince her that it is not pronounced like Louise. It doesn’t help that her family name is Huang.

I’ve known a Nike, and I once named a student Hermes, but his parents gave me a short list to choose from of names that sounded a bit like his Chinese name.

Boris? I hope they call him "the Spider. "

I called him “clitoris” a couple of times, he didn’t seem to notice

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor

I dunno…that name to me conjures up this guy:

images%20(1)

Archibald would’ve been better.

That is his full name.

no. all the media quote it as “Archie”
even wiki has it as “Archie”, while his father’s “Harry” is indeed from the official “Henry”