Black donor results in suit

sfgate.com/news/us/article/W … 796296.php

They love their daughter? Do they really? This raises a lot of questions . I suppose they are right to sue for such a “major” blunder.

They are worried about a half black/ half white child being raised in their community and yet they are not exactly main stream themselves (being lesbian).

Have they heard of Obama? He seemed to have come out ok being half white and half black?

In fact a lot of kids who are half black and half white are not only good looking but do pretty well too in society :slight_smile:

A lesbian with racial preferences… But is racism not patriarchy? :smiley: :smiley:

And here I was thinking somebody got a free suit after donating blood. And all I got was cookies and reconstituted orange juice…

Problem there is certainly racism, but one cannot help wonder if the clinic was so disorganized as to mess up the samples, what other basic controls have been obliterated? I mean, the subjects have been tested and screened? Mixing up samples is up there with mixing up newborns at a hospital. Happens but really shouldn’t.

Then the racial factor kicks in. Kid will face a lot of rejection from society.

Actually, a bi-racial kid with two moms should do just fine in the Bay Area. Much better than, say, a white kid with gun-owning, Republican parents. :smiley:

“Cramblett said she decided to sue to prevent the sperm bank from making the same mistake again. The lawsuit says the sperm bank has no electronic record-keeping and no quality controls that would have prevented it from sending the wrong sperm to fertility clinics.”

Ah, so by taking money away from them, they’ll be able to afford electronic record keeping and more advanced quality controls.

I really seem to have no idea how money works!

So they are concerned about the black issue? From my perspective the child has other more difficult questions to answer from other kids like…“who is your father?” “You have two gay women raising you?”

Is it so difficult to adopt children?