Black Lives Matter and Their VERY OWN Thread

Maybe sell one of the 4 houses and donate the $$$:

You’re right. I should never have called you liberal.

2 Likes

Two articles on BLM and the illiberal left

From Jonathan Haidt again:

I also liked this one’s take on free speech (and have brought up Chomsky a few times previously)
https://www.youngfabians.org.uk/the_illiberal_left_a_counterproductive_war_against_free_speech

1 Like

Ya, well, DiscreditOppositionByFindingAFifteenYearOldTweetThatDoesn’tFitRightSpeakCensorshipNorms .com doesn’t agree with those “researched articles” you’ve found.

As someone who has attended and helped organize many BLM protests, I feel Cullors’ behavior should be questioned. What makes her actions any different than a televangelist who promises you the Lord, just as long as you pay for their next G-5 plane? What makes her behavior different from the myriad of corporations that have used Black pain to enrich themselves?

In fact, many of these corporations use the Black Lives Matter banner like an ATM card. These days, supporting BLM is seen as being on the “right side of history.” But what has actually changed? Nike has made billions in profits off of campaigns featuring Colin Kaepernick kneeling, and during Black History Month, but less than 10 percent of its 300 vice-presidents are Black. CitiGroup, which has tweeted in support of Black Lives Matter, donated over $200,000 in 2020 to members of Congress with an “F” rating from the NAACP. Michael Bloomberg, the father of New York City’s unconstitutional and racist “stop and frisk” policy, released a memo to his employees drawing attention to the George Floyd video and other police killings of Black men. The list of corporations posting their cringey support of BLM goes on.

Unlike some, I believe it’s okay to challenge our leaders, historical figures, and institutions if we disagree with something they do. It doesn’t mean I’ll stop marching, protesting, and demonstrating in the names of the fallen who only fell because they were considered less than.

So where do we go from here? Black Lives Matter leaders, start requesting receipts. Demand answers from representatives. Take a closer look at fundraising.

We’re getting murdered live and in color every week—still. Cops are still getting off with slight repercussions.

Are you satisfied with where this money meant for us is going? Let’s hold the organization accountable, because if not us, eventually the federal government will.emphasized text

Great talk, whole thing is well worth listening to.

1 Like

This one should probably be used for school assemblies.

1 Like

Any “Marxist” that owns 4 homes is probably lying to you. Anybody who can’t see through this organization…

1 Like

Meanwhile in NY:

1 Like

Guy: “We don’t want your fucking money.”

Gal in crowd: “Tip 30%.”

Guy: “Tip 30%!”

I think BLM might have jumped the shark with this one. The girl was about to cut another girl and the police had just showed up on the scene. Policing these situations seems to be damn near impossible

1 Like

The gun, maybe, but not the shark, different metaphor.

No need to link it here, but insider hosts the youtube clip

A second slower on the officer’s assessment and it could have easily been two dead girls. I am impressed at the result of his training, depressed at the need.

katsujinken / satsujinken

EDIT: Some words from the mayor:

Mayor Andrew Ginther also spoke, stressing the need for police to be “transparent” without compromising the independent investigation.

“We don’t yet have all of the facts, but we do know that a 16-year-old girl tragically died last night,” said Mr Ginther.

“We need to be careful about not compromising the investigation. We believe that transparency with the public is the utmost priority during this difficult time.

“Bottom line: did Ma’Khia Bryant need to die yesterday? How did we get here? This is a failure on the part of our community. Some are guilty, but all of us are responsible.

“If the officer involved was wrong, we will hold him accountable.”

This was a tragedy, but not one of policing. Someone at that address was going to bleed as a result of growing up black in America, but it wasn’t just because a cop showed up. different thread, probably.

1 Like

What has the world come to when a girl can’t even stab another girl in the gut with a big knife without the cops getting involved?

5 Likes

New thing white people must do: ‘decenter’:

Loot for justice:

Made that similar joke somewhere else and didn’t get any likes smh

Saw an interview with stabbies mother. Again, refusing to take responsibility for her daughter’s own stupid actions.

“I want the world to know that Ma’Khia Bryant was a very loving 16-year-old girl.“I want the world to know that Ma’Khia Bryant was a very loving 16-year-old girl.”

Uh-huh … trying to literally murder someone, something every “loving” person does.

Maybe she should have raised her daughter to not carry a knife and try to murder people.

2 Likes

You probably stepped on the punchline.

The stabline more like it ahah

1 Like

Was it the “loving” part of her that attracted the headkick from that dude?

Lebron is calling for the officer to be held accountable. What is the appropriate response? Reverse psychology???