Black sheets

Hello everyone,

I’d like to ask you if you know where I could buy really large black sheets ( bed sheets, table sheets…).
I need those to create some sort of a curtain all around my bed, it’s a bunk bed and I have the top one.

Thank you very much ^^

IKEA at Asia World might have them. I know our IKEA at home does. Good luck! (I’d call before you go all the way over there…)

You can also get cheap fabric at Dihua street, since that is a bit of an unusual color. Might even have something heavier, and cheaper than standard bedsheets.

I used to have a set that I think I got at Working House.

If you are looking for a piece of cloth to black out your room during the day (or night because of the dammed LED) get special blackout drape cloth. It’s a white semi-rubbery type of cloth similar to what you find stitched to the back of drapes in hotels. This cloth will block out all lights even when the sun is shining right into your window. If used properly it will literally turn day into night.

Somewhere in the middle of DiHua Street, north west of the Taipei Main Station, there is a huge three-floor fabric sales center. Scout around on the top floor for curtain backing material, far better than black sheets at blocking out light.

or you could just get some ordinary white sheets and hang them outside for a month.

Thank you for your very useful answers ^^
I’m actually curious about the special blackout drape cloth, as it is indeed because of the LED that I want this type of thing. Sometimes late in the night I can’t turn it of because of my roomates…
Where can I find those and are they expensive ?

[quote=“yuki60”]Thank you for your very useful answers ^^
I’m actually curious about the special blackout drape cloth, as it is indeed because of the LED that I want this type of thing. Sometimes late in the night I can’t turn it of because of my roomates…
Where can I find those and are they expensive ?[/quote]

Many drape shops at the Dihua street sells them. Mention that you want something to completely block out light. Should cost about 180nt per yard. For an average window you might need about 2 or 3 yards depending on how big the window is. One standard yard is one yard by 54 inches.

Make sure it’s actually the white blackout cloth, not drapes with black thread woven into it… because those don’t work as well as they say it would…

You can get someone to sew it to the back of any standard drape material to make it look better… because it doesn’t look good.

Hey ^^

I went to Dihua and found exactly what I needed, so thank you so much for the adress