Blacklist of schools

I have one to add: Happy English in Taipei. They have two branches.

I will say an experienced teacher might be able to handle working here better than I, but ultimately, the teachers who worked there all had the same impression that s*** is a mess in regards to lesson plans and having enough time to effectively teach the full lessons per class.

I still think it’s important to warn against them, especially for newer teachers who might find their system difficult. They will train you in the classroom before you have your work permit. They had me “training” and working for three weeks.

The mistake I made was giving them my health check to process a work permit as I had been thinking of leaving for a few weeks before. I said f*** it and told them I was going to leave anyways mid permit-processing.

After some back and forth conversation and deciding that maybe I would stick it out, the owner never responded me to try to make it so we could make this a better relationship and easier teaching experience. I also told her I wouldn’t work before I got my work permit and that the training they had me doing was not legal. The owner straight denied that the way they were training me (and having me work) was illegal. Mhmm…okay. So anyways, they decided to ignore me into the next week and put in a request to cancel the work permit – I found this out when I went to the Work Force Development Agency as they were not responding to me about what to do next.

Thank goodness the work permit was cancelled so I can now move on and use my better judgement I’ve obtained from this experience.

From what I heard from the teachers, many teachers like me had came and went in the past few months. If you come upon them and decide to work there, take a week to decide if their system is for you, otherwise, don’t continue waste your time or theirs and just leave.