Blacklist: Who not to work for in taiwan, Where not to eat, places not to go, ect

If you have had a bad experience somewhere, working for someone, eating somewhere, help me out! I would love to avoid making the same mistake you did.
Example: If you go to Green Island, bring Dramamine! The boat ride there was hell. I am sure it is not always hell but it was this time! There were 40 people on the boat and there were 40 bags of vomit. Imagine being stuck on a rollercoaster for 70min.

Example 2: I worked for a company called Web-com and they ripped me off 60,000NT. Avoid working for them at all cost.

I am not going to say avoid working for Kojen (ELSI), but if you must, DO NOT work at School 4 for kids…(adult program is ok)…if they try to send you there…run away…

Don’t take your pet to that evil money grubbing and inadequate veternarian on the corner of Roosevelt and Shida next to the Taipower MRT, unless you want your pet mauled.

If you’re sick, you’d do better going to Fredericka’s blacklisted vetinarian than seeing any doctor at Ren Ai hospital.

Ahhh. I imagine thoughts such as that frequently. I love roller coasters.

:wink:

www.tealit.com

It’s all subjective. I only take such warnings with a grain of salt. Everyone’s experince is different. I wish people would stop generalizing so much and be more open minded.

Not to pick on the poster specifically, but I work for Kojen and have had a very pleasant experience. My managers and staff are great and I like it. But I realize this is not every persons experience.

So for people to read a blacklist just beware this is only one person’s opinion. You have to experience things for yourself don’t rely so much on the opinion of others.

Interface Global, formerly Trade Winds - read the saga here. At least two other people who post on Forumosa have worked for that outfit. One of them exchanged a couple of personal messages with me in which he compared the experience to “dog shit.”

Saints & Sinners. (They will ignore your wife / girlfriend and serve you raw chicken - see the thread)

My Other Place. (I have watched them rip people off right in front of me and get shitty about it when I asked for restitution)

(I think these two places have the same owners. If so it’s kind of telling.)

Working for a certain English daily cannot be recommended. I’d go so far as to say the same goes for the other two, but as I’ve not worked for them I’d only be basing my opinion on hearsay.

Hmmm…

It would be really cool if Forumosa could start a “Blacklist” and maybe a “Whitelist” forum broken into categories. It existed somewhere once, but now doesn’t seem findable. Our employers can blacklist us; isn’t it only fair that we can do the same, to prevent bad feelings from those smart enough to check the Blacklist.

I’d do it myself, but am far too lazy.

Meanwhile, does anyone know where to find the Greylist, or even remember it?

go here:

geocities.com/allhou/taiwan.htm

for Taiwan greylists/blacklists

Stay away from the brown acid.

Things change. The buxiban that was a nightmare to work at two years ago could have had some changes in staff/management making it a good place to work now. Restaurants have bad days and just because they serve up a bad dish once doesn’t mean they are a bad restaurant.

So if people want to blacklist something they should say exactly what the problem was and when it happened so others can judge whether that warrants blacklisting.

[quote=“DreamWarrior”]It’s all subjective. I only take such warnings with a grain of salt. Everyone’s experince is different. I wish people would stop generalizing so much and be more open minded.

Not to pick on the poster specifically, but I work for Kojen and have had a very pleasant experience. My managers and staff are great and I like it. But I realize this is not every persons experience.

So for people to read a blacklist just beware this is only one person’s opinion. You have to experience things for yourself don’t rely so much on the opinion of others.[/quote]

To re-iterate…

I am very happy you are enjoying working there. I did too. However, if you have been there for any length of time, then you would know of the reputation this branch has. The staff are great, but they could be greater if they weren’t motivated by fear.

I had a great time working there…but I would have a great time working in a salt mine. It is my nature. I post the warning as just that. If you are going to work for Kojen, don’t accept a contract at Kids School #4…you will enjoy your time here much more. There is plenty of information about working at Kojen available here and at other www’s…this is just a specific tip…

I have a deep distrust for these blackslists, greylists, etc. After all, I suppose people like Aristotle (you’ll be murdered or thrown into jail on trumped up charges if you become a teacher in Chiayi or Tainan) probably contribute to such lists.

I had a bad experience in the Formosa Regent, when the food did eventually arrive it was wasn’t even properly cooked, first time I’ve ever refused to pay for something. Does that mean it’s a bad place to eat ? I hope not. But one bad experience can put you off for life.

Worst absolute worst service (in your face psychosis) was experienced at Papa Giovanni’s. I would never ever ever go back there. Now service in Taiwan can be bad in a passive sort of way. I have never seen such no holds barred agressively bad service as at this place one night when they were having a wine tasting. Many Latin American diplomats present. They didn’t care. Just awful.

Exactly backs up my point. Matthew here discovers he doesn’t like sashimi and brands the establishment with a bad review. :wink:

I wouldn’t go to Sandman’s to eat either, that half-eaten sausage in the fridge smelt funny, The beer in the bathroom was warm, and there was no service what so ever, I had to climb in the window to get in. And the cushions don’t match the curtains.