Blackout around Donghe Park (Tianmu)

About 30 min ago, my son and I were walking on Zhongshan N Road, Sec 7 when he heard 2 explosions near the Circle. This is the area where St Anne’s Orphanage, a police station, and the fire station are.

In our building, there’s a delivery guy trapped in our elevatoe

I live nearby around Donghe Park and it seems that area (east of Zhongshan N Road arounf the park) is out of power. Another friend who lives closer to Donghe Park has also lost power.

Here’s an electrical pole near my friend’s place, and it seems the right side circuits were tripped and burned out

3 Likes

Maybe a transformer blew. They make a nasty “pop”.

1 Like

There’s some gas and electrical infrastructure right in the middle of the circle. Maybe, maybe not. Transformer is pretty likely

1 Like

I dropped by the apartment about 20 min ago and the electricity is out. Elevator seems normal, too, so I guess they managed to get the delivery guy out

Aha, we’re near there and we had the voltage drop twice over a few seconds, things like the fan slowed down, washing machine stopped, internet dropped. But for some reason the TV/computers were fine. All makes sense now.

related:

What’s with All the Bomb Threats Lately?

A decepticon was taken out by an autobot and so that caused a blackout.

1 Like

I live on section 7, virtually across the street from the St. Anne’s Home, and didn’t experience any power outages.

Zhongshan N Road wasn’t affected. We ended up going for lunch at Papa Vito, and popped into the shoe store a couple doors away and the Carrefour across the street – no impact at all. Meanwhile, friends around Donghe Park and way up Lane 190 were out of power.

Our power was restored about an hour later, but my friend living all the way up Lane 190 was still out

1 Like