Blending with the "Natives"

DO you?

Mostly for the old timer’s on F.com:
Have you “gone native?”

1. Chew binlan?
  2. Eat Chou do fu?
  3. Relish the blood in Huo guo?
  4. Enjoy the inside joke with the aboriginals about the “Chinese” neighbors? THEM…lol
  5. Been mistaken for an aboriginal?
  6. Gizzards, liver and other entrails are rather delicious …" don’t think too much…eat"
  7. Eat the tentacles?
  8. Whisbey tastes good?
  9. Chow down on stuff you still haven’t a clue what it is in English?

:help:

3, 6,7,9, sure. Just food. Blood is good for woman!

Chou doufu, fuck now, that is just dirty, binlang, ewwwww.

5? I’m so white, I couldn’t even be mistaken for French.

[quote=“SoulDragoN”]DO you?

Have you “gone native?”

1. Chew binlan?
  2. Eat Chou do fu?
  4. Enjoy the inside joke with the aboriginals about the “Chinese” neighbors? THEM…lol
  6. Gizzards, liver and other entrails are rather delicious …" don’t think too much…eat"
  7. Eat the tentacles?
  8. Whisbey tastes good?

:help:[/quote]

1. Yes. I thought the guy who gave it to me was poisoning me and I was going to end up in the danshui with heavy feet.
  2. Of course. I had to wait 8 years, but it’s not bad.
  3. Blood is okay.
  4. Yep.
  5. Uh, no. I have been asked for directions from a local when in a group of obvious Taiwanese people.
  6. Hakka make some pretty good stomach and intestine. Cow heart is not too bad.
  7. Do you mean testicles? I have drunk 3 penis wine if that counts.
  8. Never had that.
  9. Most of what I eat I am not sure how to say in English.

1. Chew binlan? - - NO!
  2. Eat Chou do fu? - NO!
  3. Relish the blood in Huo guo? - Its OK…depends who’s doing the cooking.
  4. Enjoy the inside joke with the aboriginals about the “Chinese” neighbors? THEM…lol - We laugh at everything & everybody - especially each other.
  5. Been mistaken for an aboriginal? - NO!
  6. Gizzards, liver and other entrails are rather delicious …" don’t think too much…eat" - Ate that stuff long before I came to Taiwan. No big deal.
  7. Eat the tentacles? - And the testicles too!
  8. Whisbey tastes good? - Not really. Nor does Poly B.
  9. Chow down on stuff you still haven’t a clue what it is in English? - Another dining habit of long standing.

I love the chou doufu.

What? No pi dan? . . . on silken tofu with some lovely shaved fishies and thick soy . . .

Actually, I hate gizzards. I’m a coward when it comes to offal. As for stinky tofu, I go through phases. Sometimes I like it, other times the smell makes me sick.

HG

How about

1. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards”
  2. Drag your feet as you walk
  3. Wear only blue sandals.
  4. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant.
  5. Give the peace sign when taking a pic

[quote=“Namahottie”]How about

1. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards”
  2. Drag your feet as you walk
  3. Wear only blue sandals.
  4. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant.
  5. Give the peace sign when taking a pic[/quote]

Will rephrase 13 for you.

1. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant.
    [color=red]13. Will wait in a queue 3 blocks long to eat at a lu bian tan, because “oh look at all those people, it MUST be good! Can we go… pleeeze” [/color] :bouncy:

I’ve walked to the 7-11 at 3am smoking and wearing my sleeping shorts, white vest and blue sandals.

[quote=“Namahottie”]How about

1. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards” -NO!
  2. Drag your feet as you walk - NO!
  3. Wear only blue sandals. - In public, only 1 time. My 83 yr old neighbor lady saw me, pointed at my feet and started laughing then threw her broom at me. She was joking of course.
  4. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant. - NO!..I don’t do lines at restaurants.
  5. Give the peace sign when taking a pic. - Only if it signifies ‘VICTORY!’[/quote]

Maybe the mods should tack this on the end of the “You know you’ve been in Taiwan too long when…” thread. Pretty much the same thing.

“You know you’ve been on Forumosa too long when you remember threads that veer into the same topic”

Heh heh heh…:smiley:

Have you “gone native?”

1. Chew binlan?
  2. Eat Chou do fu?
  7. Eat the tentacles?
  8. Whisbey tastes good?

A lot of those things the average Taiwanese (at least in Taipei) does not necessarily do either. That looks more like the profile of a construction worker to me. Most people I know don’t chew betel nuts, drink Whisby or eat weird stuff.

…and what is soooo wrong with construction workers…? :ohreally:

Betcha they do!!..lol Just not when you’re around…

Cheers Namahottie for the additions.

[quote]“You know you’ve been on Forumosa too long when you remember threads that veer into the same topic”

Heh heh heh…Big Grin[/quote]
Heh heh HA!!!

'Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

^^Let’s hope not… like I care…lol

Ought to try the local medicine man’s bat wings, lizard and various fungus all gently bleeding out their essences into the rice wine…Good for man…and woman…lol…shudders what a “flavor” that was.

The list is growing:

1. Chew binlan?
  2. Eat Chou do fu?
  7. Eat the tentacles?
  8. Whisbey tastes good?
  10. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards”
  11. Drag your feet as you walk
  12. Wear only blue sandals.
  13. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant.
  14. Give the peace sign when taking a pic
  15. Drive down the wrong side of the road and park assbackwards?
  16. Gun it hanging a left across a busy intersection when the light flickers greenish?
  17. Seriously consider getting a driver’s license…well just cuz?
  18. Order coffee and tea delivered to your door?
  19. Smile benignly at what was clearly your own f*ck up? Pi Say
  20. Wedge up close at the bank/ post office and shove your bank book up to the front?
  21. Park your scooter in the shade of the traffic light…or any available awning?
  22. Prefer chopsticks to fork and knife?
  23. Check out the flora in the jungle and think, hey Free eats!

I eat tentacles, wear the raincoat backwards (when Dragonbabe is on the bike behind me), park the scooter in the shade of the traffic light, prefer chopsticks to fork and knife, yeah, yeah. It’s all good. There’s more I won’t admit to. :stuck_out_tongue:

The list is growing:

1. Chew binlan? Yes, but only once. Crap.
  2. Eat Chou do fu? Yes, but I’m not doing it anymore. Crap :wink:
  4. Enjoy the inside joke with the aboriginals about the “Chinese” neighbors? THEM…lol, no…
  5. Been mistaken for an aboriginal? hahahaha
  6. Gizzards, liver and other entrails are rather delicious …" don’t think too much…eat" Yes
  7. Eat the tentacles?
  8. Whisbey tastes good?
  9. Chow down on stuff you still haven’t a clue what it is in English? Yup
  10. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards”
  11. Drag your feet as you walk Yes :blush:
  12. Wear only blue sandals. YES!!! :blush:
  13. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant. yes…dammit!
  14. Give the peace sign when taking a pic YES!!!..dammit…
  15. Drive down the wrong side of the road and park assbackwards? can you do that???
  16. Gun it hanging a left across a busy intersection when the light flickers greenish?
  17. Seriously consider getting a driver’s license…well just cuz? yes, well no.
  18. Order coffee and tea delivered to your door? HELL YEA, and I even got Mc Donalds delivered!!!
  19. Smile benignly at what was clearly your own f*ck up? Pi Say :noway: …well yes…
  20. Wedge up close at the bank/ post office and shove your bank book up to the front?
  21. Park your scooter in the shade of the traffic light…or any available awning?
  22. Prefer chopsticks to fork and knife? Yes
  23. Check out the flora in the jungle and think, hey Free eats![/quote] Hah! Yes!

Ok, ok…everyone else is doing it…

1. Chew binlan? Have done, once or twice…yuck.
  2. Eat Chou do fu? Have done…think it tastes like nothing…
  3. Relish the blood in Huo guo? Not bad, actually. Little slimy, but ok.
  4. Enjoy the inside joke with the aboriginals about the “Chinese” neighbors? THEM…lol Hehehe…yep…
  5. Been mistaken for an aboriginal? Nope…But been mistaken for a Brit…Aiyou!!
  6. Gizzards, liver and other entrails are rather delicious …" don’t think too much…eat" Not too bad, either. Depends on the preparation…
  7. Eat the tentacles? Sure, why not?
  8. Whisbey tastes good? What’s that?
  9. Chow down on stuff you still haven’t a clue what it is in English? Everyday, baby!
  10. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards” Nope, I’m not retarded.
  11. Drag your feet as you walk Sure…
  12. Wear only blue sandals. Not always…but they sure are comfortable…
  13. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant. Depends…if it’s really good I’ll wait.
  14. Give the peace sign when taking a pic Guilty…once or twice. But only because we whipped “ze Germans”
  15. Drive down the wrong side of the road and park assbackwards? All the time…
  16. Gun it hanging a left across a busy intersection when the light flickers greenish? What’s wrong with that?
  17. Seriously consider getting a driver’s license…well just cuz? I’ve thought about it…
  18. Order coffee and tea delivered to your door? Never done that. What else are girlfriends for?
  19. Smile benignly at what was clearly your own f*ck up? Pi Say Sure. Works for them…
  20. Wedge up close at the bank/ post office and shove your bank book up to the front? Yep…I even use my elbow…
  21. Park your scooter in the shade of the traffic light…or any available awning? Always. Don’t want the paint or plastic to spoil…
  22. Prefer chopsticks to fork and knife? Yes. Chopsticks are goooood!
  23. Check out the flora in the jungle and think, hey Free eats! No idea what that means.
  1. Chew binlan? Never - but the Mrs has…yuck.
  2. Eat Chou do fu? Love it
  3. Relish the blood in Huo guo? I got used to it, but don’t like it.
  4. Enjoy the inside joke with the aboriginals about the “Chinese” neighbors? THEM…lol Aint got a funny bone
  5. Been mistaken for an aboriginal? No, but been mistaken for a local - ok, was wearing a helmet.
  6. Gizzards, liver and other entrails are rather delicious …" don’t think too much…eat" If it aint still movin’ thems good vittles…
  7. Eat the tentacles? Again, only if it’s not still moving
  8. Whisbey tastes good? Nope, … Hoki la
  9. Chow down on stuff you still haven’t a clue what it is in English? Still do and I aint even in Taiwan no more.
  10. Ride on scooter with coat,raincoat,etc “backwards” Always. Cold wind stays out of the chest, but cool down out the rear. Only way to go in the humidity
  11. Drag your feet as you walk And my knuckles too
  12. Wear only blue sandals. Only in the bathroom…
  13. Will wait in line at a certain restaurant. Why wait when you can elbow to the front?.
  14. Give the peace sign when taking a pic Ok, just the once.
  15. Drive down the wrong side of the road and park assbackwards? YUP
  16. Gun it hanging a left across a busy intersection when the light flickers greenish? Only live once
  17. Seriously consider getting a driver’s license…well just cuz? Got one
  18. Order coffee and tea delivered to your door? Just once
  19. Smile benignly at what was clearly your own f*ck up? Pi Say Heck yeah, if it stops you gettin’ an ass whoopin’
  20. Wedge up close at the bank/ post office and shove your bank book up to the front? If you don’t they will
  21. Park your scooter in the shade of the traffic light…or any available awning? Why not?
  22. Prefer chopsticks to fork and knife? Yes. Just because I’m a show off
  23. Check out the flora in the jungle and think, hey Free eats! Mmmmm… free eats… that’s good anytime

I’ll add one
24. Eat with your mouth open making “smack smack” sounds - Just can’t bring myself to do that