Blowing up mosques

[quote]An explosion has ripped through one of Iraq’s most famous Shiite sites, literally blowing the top off Samarra’s al Askariya “Golden Mosque.”[/quote] (CNN)

WTF? What’s WRONG with these people? :noway:

Who did it? What was their motive?

Geee…this actually surprises anybody?

Haven’t you been paying any attention? :unamused:

Yes but it was an infidel mosque used by those vile scum, The Other Chaps, and an affront to the Almighty! Follow the Gourd!

A slap in the face to Darwin…not every thing evolves, The cartoons may be in Denmark, but the clowns are in Iraq.

The Americans blew up the mosque, right? It’s such a shame how they keep attacking the religion of peace and tolerance.

Built in 836 A.D.
Gee…wonder if this was originally a Christian Church?

I bet the International Association of Cartoonists did it.

true, but I heard on the radio that the gold dome which was destroyed by the blast was only completed in 1905. can’t wait for the muslim aniti-other muslim marches all around the world. The freedom to bomb can only be taken so far don’t you know. It is a right that must be used responsibly … or something anyway.

i thought there was some “rule” that in the “war”, such places as mosques, churches, hospitals, should be off-targeted…

You beat me to it :fume: :laughing:

You beat me to it :fume: :laughing:[/quote]

Loser. :laughing:

You beat me to it :fume: :laughing:[/quote]

Loser. :laughing:[/quote]

SQUEAL!!! I’m telling on you!. [color=darkred]Discuss the message, not the messenger. [/color] :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen no reports claiming the coalition forces attacked the mosque. It was most likely the acts of Sunni insurgents.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Built in 836 A.D.
Gee…wonder if this was originally a Christian Church?[/quote]

The Abbasid caliphate ruled Iraq during that time, with their capital as Baghdad. It wasn’t necessarily a Christian church first. Of course, dozens of mosques all over the House of Islam were originally Christian churches.

[quote=“gao_bo_han”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Built in 836 A.D.
Gee…wonder if this was originally a Christian Church?[/quote]

The Abbasid caliphate ruled Iraq during that time, with their capital as Baghdad. It wasn’t necessarily a Christian church first. Of course, dozens of mosques all over the House of Islam were originally Christian churches.[/quote]
Dude, if you’d read that chap, Michener who wrote “The Source,” you’d KNOW that mosques were churches which were mosques which were churches which were mosques and so on . . . . :wink:

Bodo

I find that a little hard to believe, considering that the overwhelming majority of Christian lands which were taken by the Muslim armies in the seventh and eighth centuries were never returned to Christian rule. None of the colonial powers ever converted any mosques to churches. The only previously Christian lands that I can think were reclaimed would be…southern Spain and Portugal, and a very limited part of the Levant in the First Crusade. A few limited cities went back and forth between Christian and Muslim hands during the length of the Crusades…but I don’t recall reading that any mosques were reconverted to churches. Not saying it didn’t happen…just that I can’t recall reading about it. When the Turks took over Constantinople in 1453, however, over 40 churches were converted to mosques. The same thing happened in other parts of Central Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Southeast Asia, not just to Christian churches, but to a wide variety religious temples which we either directly converted to mosques, or first razed, and the mosque built on top of the ruins. The Al-Aqsa mosque was likewise built on the ruins of Solomon’s ancient temple.

What annoys me is that the hole Islam radical bunch will say it is the fault of “us” Christians so long, until all the rest of Islam will repeat it.

Didn’t the Iran maniac president just say such I thing. The headline said he blaimed US for it. Bush’s fault, yeah. :bravo: :stuck_out_tongue: :s

I guess Westerners deserve death for “them” bombing their own mosques.

I guess Westerners deserve death for little Fatimah having bad digestion somewhere in lower Ramallah.

Or the cooked goat not tasting right.

Bob Scape

Can’t find it now, but I did read earlier that yes, naturally, the US is being blamed. And with some measure of truth. The US is blamed for creating the current state of lawlessness which has led to the rise in terror attacks.

I don’t see anything incorrect in this statement. You can waffle on all you like about Saddam’s regime and the people’s reaction to it, but hell’s bells, at least they didn’t face suicide bombings in market places and places of worship.

Sadly I can’t see any way to resolve this that doesn’t include a strong US resolve to stay and sort it out. I only fear the US public will lose it’s balls, flee and shutter up . . . again.

HG.

Of course it’s the fault of whoever did it. But there does seem to be a lot more suicide bombing, terrorist acts and violence by and against muslims since Bush launched his war on terror.