Blue Spice by Blue Elephant Thai Food

The newest addition to the Blue Elephant group is Blue Spice in the food court of Breeze Center on Fushing South Rd.
Our menu for the food courts consists of 25 Thai dishes.
Forumosans feedback, positive or negative, is greatly appreciated.

We also offer lunch box delivery service from our central kitchen for Nangang and Neihu districts.

Frozen meal delivery available islandwide.

For info: peter@blueelephant.com.tw

I’d like to hear more details about your lunchbox delivery service in Neihu and Nangang. I live in Donghu (Neihu) and work in Nangang among other places.

Is there a minimum number of lunchboxes, or a minimum total? Or a delivery fee? Whereabouts is your central kitchen, btw? Just curious.

[quote=“peterverwulgen”]The newest addition to the Blue Elephant group is Blue Spice in the food court of Breeze Center on Fuxing South Rd.
Forumosans feedback, positive or negative, is greatly appreciated.[/quote]I’ve been to the one in the new underground department store next to Taipei Main Station. It’s good. For the price, it’s very good. Meant to post about it at the time but didn’t get round to it.

It’s in a kind of food court area that’s mostly for takeout, though there are a few tables you can sit at if you want to eat there.

I believe there’s one in a new food court upstairs in the Tienmu Mitsukoshi/Viewshow building as well. “Out of India” has a stall there too. There were a couple of other interesting stalls too. haven’t got a chance to stop by yet.

[quote=“Joesox”][quote=“peterverwulgen”]The newest addition to the Blue Elephant group is Blue Spice in the food court of Breeze Center on Fuxing South Rd.
Forumosans feedback, positive or negative, is greatly appreciated.[/quote]I’ve been to the one in the new underground department store next to Taipei Main Station. It’s good. For the price, it’s very good. Meant to post about it at the time but didn’t get round to it.

It’s in a kind of food court area that’s mostly for takeout, though there are a few tables you can sit at if you want to eat there.[/quote]

True, the food there is really tasty, but the location is fatal. I don’t think it will last long. Real pity. They have already cut the menu to 5 dishes. :frowning:

There is yet another in Nanking, where the Idee used to be. The initial location was next to City Super in Zhongshiao Fuxing.

We indeed had to reduce the menu in Blue Spice Q square Taipei Bus Station to 5 items.
Q square B2 has a problem and most of tenants will move out as soon as our contracts finish.
The idea of Q Square was to follow the ‘take away’ trend from Japan but in Taipei however this does not seem to work as they expected.

Currently the Blue Spice locations with full menu are:

• Mitsukoshi Tien Mu (3rd floor food court)
  • Mitsukoshi Nanking West Rd (B1) This is the white building and used to be Idee department store.
  • Breeze Center Fushing South Rd (B1 food court)

An updated summer menu will be available as from May 1st.

I hope you guys find a better place in the area. Your stuff is really good. :thumbsup:

I gotta stop off and get some more of them sachets of Blue Elephant curry paste. I love those things!
They still carry 'em in certain Wellcomes? I never get up to Jasons.

New Blue Spice Menu as from May 1st 2010.

Starters
Thai Prawn Cake 55 NT$
Chicken Spring Roll 45 NT$
Schrimp Moon Cake 99 NT$
Panang Pork Dumpling 4 for 79 NT$

Salads
Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam) 80 NT$ (add grilled chicken +20 NT$)
Seafood Salad 120 NT$

Noodle & Hot Pot
Tom Yam Seafood Noodle Soup 150 NT$
Tom Yam Hot Pot 180 NT$
Phad Thai 150 NT$
Stir Fried Noodle with Chicken 150 NT$
Dry Red Curry Noodle with Chicken 130 NT$
Bangkok Beef Noodle Soup 180 NT$

Curry with Rice
Green Curry with Chicken 150 NT$
Yellow Curry with Chicken 150 NT$
Red Curry with Chicken and Pineapple 150 NT$
Vindaloo Curry with Chicken 150 NT$ (served with Nan)
Massaman Curry with Beef 180 NT$

Stir Fried
Chicken with Holy Basil 150 NT$
Beef with Sweet Basil and Cherry Tomato 180 NT$
Thai Fried Rice with Chicken 129 NT$ (add Pineapple +20 NT$)
Thai Green Curry Fried Rice 150 NT$

Fish
Thai Lemongrass Fish 180 NT$

Deep Fried
Fried Boneless Chicken Leg with Chilli Sauce
Thai Deep Fried Pork 170 NT$
Thai Deep Fried Fish with Holy Basil 180 NT$

WE USE THAI JASMINE RICE

Thai Milk Tea 25 NT$
Mo Mo Cha Cha (Coconut Taro Dessert) 50 NT$

We will most probably open end of summer in Breeze Taipei Station (second floor of Taipei Railway Station)

[quote=“Dragonbones”]I’d like to hear more details about your lunchbox delivery service in Neihu and Nangang. I live in Donghu (Neihu) and work in Nangang among other places.

Is there a minimum number of lunchboxes, or a minimum total? Or a delivery fee? Whereabouts is your central kitchen, btw? Just curious.[/quote]

Our Central kitchen in on Nangang Rd Section 3 (right behind the BMW and Lexus dealerships).
Right now we make lunchboxes for some big companies who order 250 and 300 boxes each time.
I am trying to find a solution to be able to deliver smaller quantities. Probably buying scooters like Pizza hut delivers.

Stopped at the new Blue Elephant location at the Breeze Center this weekend and had a very nice lunch. Chicken Spring rolls and chicken fried rice both very good. Peter was manning things as it is brand new and still getting up and running. Couldn’t believe he recognized me as we met only a couple times a few years ago when Blue Elephant was just setting up in Taiwan. He even remembered that I like green curry chicken (now that’s a restaurateur) and treated me to some and also green curry shrimp, both very good, with the green curry being just medium spicy enough for my taste.

He got to take a break from kitchen duties and we chatted for a while about the new operation. Most dishes are prepared at their central kitchen in Nangang, where they do a lot of corporate lunchbox business, by a real Thai chef. It shows in the authenticity of the taste. Some others, such as my chicken fried rice, are prepared on site but are just as good.

Normally I avoid Thai food in Taiwan because it is almost always disappointing. But my first bite of this stuff reminded me of real Thai food. Mind you, it’s not Bangkok street food, but it is good quality, good tasting Thai food made with fresh ingredients. A new ray of Sunshine in the Breeze Food court; looking forward to going back soon. Now if they could just set up some Singha beer on tap. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a place worthy to check out and I agree with you, most Thai food here isn’t Thai, it’s Yunan and it’s just not the same.

Went to the Breeze location last night. Liked the look of the menu, and was pleased to see you could get fish at small portions, along with a pretty decent selection of curries, appetizers, etc.

Was not pleased to see the size of the vegetable dish that came with it though. The photos of the set menus all showed a healthy portion of greens. What arrived on the plate was exactly two leaves of a miniature bok choy. I’d call that a partial garnish rather than a side dish.

Fish was all right for the price, and I was looking forward to trying the curries. But it’s going to be no go for me if you can’t get a balanced meal.

Balanced meal, in a food court :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Good luck on that one…

[quote=“Typhun”]Went to the Breeze location last night. Liked the look of the menu, and was pleased to see you could get fish at small portions, along with a pretty decent selection of curries, appetizers, etc.

Was not pleased to see the size of the vegetable dish that came with it though. The photos of the set menus all showed a healthy portion of greens. What arrived on the plate was exactly two leaves of a miniature bok choy. I’d call that a partial garnish rather than a side dish.

Fish was all right for the price, and I was looking forward to trying the curries. But it’s going to be no go for me if you can’t get a balanced meal.[/quote]

Originally we served big portions of vegetables. Most Taiwanese customers however requested more variety therefore we changed to 3 small side dishes.
On the new menu that will be launched on May 1st however big portions of morning glory and stir fried cabbage will be available ‘a la carte’.

I tried it today; had the beef. Very tasty. But service was too slow for lunchtime (about 20 minutes). Plus there was a bit of fear of the laowai (who ordered in Chinese) and for some reason I wasn’t given a number which created much confusion since I thought it was the fapiao number so tried to claim someone else’s lunch :blush: .

I liked the rice too actually. Don’t know if you are using a higher grade than everyone else in the Breeze.

Balanced meal, in a food court :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Good luck on that one…[/quote]

Why not? Sure, the fast-food culture is tipping the balance toward meat (and oil) here like everywhere else, but most local-style vendors will at least give you healthy portions of veggies.

[quote=“peterverwulgen”]we changed to 3 small side dishes.

big portions of morning glory and stir fried cabbage will be available ‘a la carte’.[/quote]

Paying extra for veggies will be better than nothing I guess.

Still not too impressed you consider 2 leaves a “small side dish.” Your place is unique in that regard, at least in the realm of food court stalls.

On the other hand, if you stuck one of them on a piece of tofu on an oversized black ceramic plate under track lighting in an otherwise unlit room, you could claim it as part of a 10-course meal for NT$1k+

[quote=“peterverwulgen”] New Blue Spice Menu as from May 1st 2010.
WE USE THAI JASMINE RICE [/quote]

As long as it is not Uncle Bens :smiley: :thumbsup: Perfect
Don’t even care if it is not “enough” as mentionned above. Quality first, then quantity

:thumbsup: Count me in for a visit / proefje :laughing: in the next 7 days.
Good to catch-up again - been very busy Peter :blush:

See you soon.