⛵ Sailing - Boat docking prices?

Hi, does anyone know where in Taiwan docking boats are cheaper? How much would it cost to dock a 34 foot boat?
Thank you.

N or S ?
Motor or sail?

Oh, sorry I didn´t say, it is a sailing boat and south Taiwan better, although everything could be taken into consideration. I have also seen that there are a few fishing ports on the east coast, maybe there they are even cheaper their monthly or annual rates?

I have to say, this isn’t the type of thread I was expecting it to be…
Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 12.34.27 PM

It may be a bit more complex than you think.
Please feel free to send PM

I’m also curious about docking costs.

There’s a place in Keelung that does this. For sail boats. Not sure if they let you live aboard though. But like Nevermind said it’s a little more complicated than it needs to be. Almost like buying a spot. Certainly not like going on a waiting list for other places around the world.

It varies greatly, also the cost calculation methods are different in different places, some charge by length, some by tonnage, some require membership, and some have just a fixed price for the place. No one would care if you want to live aboard.

Live-aboard boat in Taiwan. I like the idea. Has lots of potential.

Yeah the place in Keelung you need to be a member and then wait for a spot to open and pay by the foot. Docks are concrete so a good supply of rubber tires and a whole bunch of very well place fenders. Live aboard is easier if you can be connected to the mains.

That sucks, much better places are available.

Where’s that? I was sort of looking for south of Taiwan on the East Coast if I was going to go through with it.

All harbours I’ve seen on the SE coast are small and for commercial fishing boats. They’re not very big or well protected and the operators usually pull the blue boats out of the water when a big typhoon is inbound - bigger boats try to head elsewhere if they have time. Hobihu, near Kenting, is your best bet - they have a mixture of craft. Beware of the reefs as you enter, many sailors not familiar with the area have put good sized holes in their hulls. Many have been dry docked for almost a year waiting for repairs.
An option on the SW coast is Tainan. Again, a mixture of craft docked there.

2 Likes

Other possibilities are the main harbour at Taitung, it’s well sheltered - but is already pretty full with fishing boats and the ferries and other commercial boats that head to Green and Orchid Islands. Further up the coast is Shitiping Harbour; pretty isolated but the best there is along that stretch of coast - and again, pretty packed with fishing boats.