Boat regulations and licenses

anyone have any info on obtaining a boat license? river, lake or sea?

really? nothing?

Maybe this thread :whistle:

There are some people on these boards who might be able to answer but they may be put off by the brevity of your post. If you can’t be bothered putting much effort into your post why should they go to the trouble of answering it?
Your original post consists of 13 words, and the follow up is… wait, let me count them, don’t worry - I won’t be gone long… one, two. - two words. :slight_smile:

Why not edit your post and add a bit of substance to it?

[quote=“almas john”]There are some people on these boards who might be able to answer but they may be put off by the brevity of your post. If you can’t be bothered putting much effort into your post why should they go to the trouble of answering it?
Your original post consists of 13 words, and the follow up is… wait, let me count them, don’t worry - I won’t be gone long… one, two. - two words. :slight_smile:

Why not edit your post and add a bit of substance to it?[/quote]
Yes. What colour are TomHill’s underpants? (Don’t worry, you can always make something up if you don’t really know.)

The wooden mast sounded like it was splintering under the weight of the heavy wind. I kept the bow pointed straight toward the on coming waves, as they splashed by the drum full, onto the deck of my insignificant vessel. “ALL HANDS ON DECK!” I shouted through the piercing wind. As all members of the crew were scrambling to keep the mighty ship afloat, it became apparent that the hungry waves and roaring winds had other plans. Myself and none but 5 of the crew survived drifting on wooden scraps by the rhythm of the sea. Shipless and conquered we now ask…“anyone have any info on obtaining a boat license? river, lake or sea?”

License…what?

Captain? Pilot? First Mate?

Vessel?
Private/Pleasure? Commercial? Charter?
Size - tonnage?
Power? Sail?

Details ya scruvy ridden layabout…details!

…definitely nothing too big…for personal use, fishing…depending on regulations dictating what type of license i could be eligible for i was either thinking small fiberglass 50-75 hp for river or lake…or smallest local type diesel fishing boat for sea…

arrgggghhh… then you’ll be talkin personal pleasure craft in the 5 - 8 meter range.

getting closer matey…arrrgggg

we need some piratey emoticons

Heheheh

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]arrgggghhh… then you’ll be talkin personal pleasure craft in the 5 - 8 meter range.

getting closer matey…arrrgggg

we need some piratey emoticons[/quote]
I agree. Arrggghhhh!

Have you considered going down to the FAP and asking them to direct you to someone who may be of help?

Bobby Digital >>> Bobby Analog

great album, too