Bob the builder a great Theologist

so now I have to search out examples of anti-Islamic or anti -Mohammed sentiments being prosecuted in the west for you… sigh you seriously think there is no bias on the issue ? seriously ? Tis indeed sad that the only information available , is generally from the right as the left refuse to report it . I wish it was easier . Again , I am sure you will refute …your agenda would only accept information from a "trusted " News source …Hmmm .
Hate speech is so subjective to those whom enforce it , certainly in the UK …at this moment in time

1 Like

Thanks, DB! :slight_smile: :+1:

No-one was prosecuted for Life of Brian in 1970’s England, true afaik.

In 1990’s Germany, on the other hand…

There are more examples, but as I said, it would be tedious to try to list them one by one.

That there is bias in society is not something I would dispute. It’s something humans are quite good at! Pro-this, anti-that, all kinds of bias.

That there is legal bias in favor of Islam in western countries is something you and Andrew have failed to begin to convince me of.

1 Like

That’s how it usually works when you want to try to convince someone of something, yes. I don’t “think there’s no bias”. I don’t know if there’s bias. Why should I assume there’s bias

In fact, if you can’t easily find a statistical analysis demonstrating bias on islamsucks.com or one of its many sister websites which are apparently out there, one might say that’s evidence there is no bias.

post withdrawn

I am trying to use reasonable sources , this article is about the EC decision.
Personally , I would not go so far as to say the Prophet had these tendencies , as times were different , even if i disagree, I would take the time into account. The worse part , are the specific groups, which are a minority but number millions, believe that these actions justify similar behaviour today, that translate into crimes on the street , in Western Countries. I want to make it clear , that I am fine with immigration and non-racist , but simply frustrated that minority groups are given bias against prosecution and biased Laws that
actually enable less integration in schools, communities etc.
I can give examples if you find them relevant>? but initially , I am trying to adddress the concern you raised about Laws.

What concerns me is not the colour or ethnicity of anyone immigrating , but the fact that I agree in equality and separation of Church and State and that is under threat if there is no integration. it is not “we” and "them " it is US …everyone.

There is a further caveat to this whole discussion . Yopu asked me to prove any bias in “Law” when part of the core issue is that for decades the bias , or PC culture ( as described in the Official Report ) made the authorities and Police reluctant to prosecute criminals because they were worried about the potential unrest that may be caused.
This failure to enforce the Law caused so much pain to thousands of Girls …yes thousands …because of the very fact that the Police were more concerned with political correctness , than Justice . The net effect is the same …bias . i really don’t want to highlight all these cases …but they had the same reasons for non-prosecution …worry about offending the Muslim community . Is that bias ? Please let me know if I misconstrued.

So yyy , you may believe that there is no bias in Western Countries , but there are a lot of victims who will disagree . There was also bias in not prosecuting the BBC Stars at the time …
Justice should be the same for all. I hope that does not paint me as a racist , I am trying to address the issue we were discussing.

2 Likes

Which we’ve still been over several times already.

Yes.

Fantastic. Now just show me how and where the bias is occurring–where we’re talking about, in court decisions regarding hate speech/freedom of speech. Increasingly desperate attempts to assert bias exists there without showing it are only making me more convinced it doesn’t.

Hmmm … now I know how Mueller must feel trying to prove Russian collusion :smirk:I will try again . Hopefully won’t take me 2 years , sorry couldn’t resist the analogy :pensive:

1 Like

At least he’s trying. You just keep bringing up the same one case. That one case happened (or several) is not going to show that there’s bias.

Hmmm I hope you actually read the WSJ link as it is exactly an example of Blasphemy and Law favouring one Religion over another clearly.So of course I refer to that as the most obvious one as it affects 28 Western Countries .
YYY saying …ahhh but there may still be another appeal against the ruling, does not show in any way that there is no bias , if the case got this far .
My example of bias , even in trying to bring cases to court, counts for zero in your book. I can see that . It is highly relevant and on topic but carry on

1 Like

You’re right that your “example”, in itself, counts for zero with me. It’s only an example of a blasphemy law being enforced. It’s not an example of bias:

bias
/ˈbʌɪəs/
noun

1. 1.inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

Where’s the bias? Why exactly do you say that this decision is “favouring one Religion over another clearly”? If it is relevant, can you explain why?

Mm-hmm, yep, integration is a tricky thing. Problems with integration are not sufficient to explain why blasphemy has always been and still is illegal in Austria.

No Shia, that is not what yyy says. What yyy says is this is a clear case of the ECHR not overruling the courts of a member state, and btw there’s an appeal pending. At no point did I say the fact that there’s an appeal pending means there’s no bias.

And if there is pro-Islam bias in the Austrian case, where is it? We need to see other (Austrian) cases involving blasphemy against other religions for comparison.

Something is obviously rotten in Rotherham. The reports I read said the police were afraid of being labeled racist. That’s not the EU/ECHR/UNHCR/OIC/etc. imposing sharia law. It’s just Britons being stupid, something they have a long history of doing. (Oops, I hope that’s not hate speech! :hushed:) They also – British police specifically – have a known history of racism, so of course they’re afraid of being labeled racist (again). That’s still not the whole story.

The good news is that eventually the ring was broken up, and at least a few people were convicted. Tell us if there was any pro-Islam bias in their sentences.

(I can think of at least one other alleged ring of that sort in the UK, which eventually came to light, but iirc no-one got arrested, and it had nothing to do with anyone’s fear of being labeled racist. I think you know the one I mean. :zipper_mouth_face:)

Bob the builder on Nietzsche