Bobwundaye St. Paddy's Day Special: Redheads Drink Free 9-11

Katrina says that to celebrate St. Paddy’s day this Saturday (March 17) Guiness cans will be NT$100 at Bobwundaye all night (or as long as the supply lasts). :smiley:

What’s more, REDHEADS WILL DRINK FOR FREE from 9 to 11 p.m. on St. Paddy’s Day. (Katrina adds the caveat that “if there’s any doubt about the authenticity of a carrot top, ‘secondary proof’ may be required to be displayed…”, whatever that means…any questions? take it up with her on Saturday :wink: )

Bobwundaye
#26, Lane 38,
Chongde Street, Taipei 崇德街38巷26號
(02) 2377-1772

Directions: It’s a two minute walk from the Liuzhangli MRT station. Exit the station and walk east on Heping to the first traffic light (Jiaxing St.). Cross Heping at the light, go straight and look for the blue sign with arrow on your left.

Ohhh! I haven’t been in a long time, I’ll definitely stop by :slight_smile: (I think we’ll have to make a tour of at least three places that night, won’t we? :wink: )

Oh, and my hair color has a shade of red in it. Does that count?

Kidding. Glad gingers finally get a break in this otherwise (for them) cruel world.

Can I dye my hair red? :slight_smile:

[color=red]“Red on the noodle like the pecker on a poodle!”[/color]

Just as long as you’re at Bliss from 10 till 12, tash! I’ll be going to Bobwundaye after our gig for sure.

Just as long as you’re at Bliss from 10 till 12, tash! I’ll be going to Bobwundaye after our gig for sure.[/quote]
Are you playing there?
I actually meant:

1. Carnegie’s for Irish Stu
  2. Bobwundaye’s for drinks and Ginger-spotting
  3. On Tap for Bubba’s B-day

And Bliss for the Muddy Basin Ramblers. Yes, we’re playing there.

Hmm, so a certain pyramid builder drinks for free in his own pub? I’d be wanting somone other than Kat to be checking the credentials on that one.

Oh, so he won’t even be there I presume?

Looks like a fine night planned folks. I am coming, really I am, but can’t make this one. Got a friend from Oz heading to Taiwan in April and he assures me he’s been in touch with the pyramid constructor and that the Muddy’s are also playing at that time. I will most definitely be there for all of that.

Sniffle!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]
Looks like a fine night planned folks. I am coming, really I am, but can’t make this one. Got a friend from Oz heading to Taiwan in April and he assures me he’s been in touch with the pyramid constructor and that the Muddy’s are also playing at that time. I will most definitely be there for all of that.

Sniffle!

HG[/quote]
Don’t be too sad HG. You know these things always end badly and we all regret going in the first place.
The only missing factor this year is Lord Lucan. If he was coming, we could predict the whole evening down to a smashed window. This way, there’s some sense of mystery and anticipation, I guess.

I just hope the chief doesn’t yell at Bubba in public like last year. It was embarrassing.

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

Sniffle!

HG[/quote]
Don’t be too sad HG. You know these things always end badly and we all regret going in the first place.
The only missing factor this year is Lord Lucan. If he was coming, we could predict the whole evening down to a smashed window. This way, there’s some sense of mystery and anticipation, I guess.

I just hope the chief doesn’t yell at Bubba in public like last year. It was embarrassing.[/quote]

Get your facts straight Amazonia:

Lord Lucan threw a Guiness full glass of Murphy’s into the street in front of city hall last St. Pat’s.

The window incident was on Guy Faulk’s Day after his one man Orange parade.

He (LL) also fell into a sign then he felt ashamed and banned himself from the Spaceman.

The pants soiling incident happened in Shang Hai and was only mentioned in a post by Lord Lucan.

Hey how about free drinks for us dark Irish? I don’t mean “black Irish”, I mean “Dark Irish”.

I’ll swing around to ole Bob and Dave’s.

The Chief always yells at me in public-it’s a his moral imperative like “Drink Canada Dry”.

This year we are having a pre-party party in front of the 7-11 near Da Chief’s house, listen for the boom box playing Tenacious D and Heart and look for a huge dude dressed like St. Patrick with a mexican wrestler’s mask on. (That’ll be THe CHEF cooking up his brand of rock and roll nastiness.)

Let me 'splain you something Lucy---Yo Soy Tu Papi!!!!

[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2722/86029pizs5.jpg[/img]

HG[/quote]

[/quote]

He did not fall or jump through that window he was “assisted”.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][quote=“tash”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

Sniffle!

HG[/quote]

I just hope the chief doesn’t yell at Bubba in public like last year. It was embarrassing.[/quote]

Lord Lucan threw a Guiness full glass of Murphy’s into the street in front of city hall last St. Pat’s.

The window incident was on Guy Faulk’s Day after his one man Orange parade.

He (LL) also fell into a sign then he felt ashamed and banned himself from the Spaceman.

The pants soiling incident happened in Shanghai and was only mentioned in a post by Lord Lucan.

Hey how about free drinks for us dark Irish? I don’t mean “black Irish”, I mean “Dark Irish”.

I’ll swing around to ole Bob and Dave’s.

The Chief always yells at me in public-it’s a his moral imperative like “Drink Canada Dry”.

This year we are having a pre-party party in front of the 7-11 near Da Chief’s house, listen for the boom box playing Tenacious D and Heart and look for a huge dude dressed like St. Patrick with a Mexican wrestler’s mask on. (That’ll be THe CHEF cooking up his brand of rock and roll nastiness.)

Let me 'splain you something Lucy---Yo Soy Tu Papi!!!!

[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2722/86029pizs5.jpg[/img][/quote]

OOH-Cha!

Barra-KOODA!!

Seems kinda racist to me. Don’t think I would like to go to a place like that.

So you accept the ginger/pyramid building superior race thang, eh?

Okay.

HG

I’m just so damned fucking stupid.

If I hadn’t gone out last night here in HK and spent the equivalent of a HK-TPE-HK business class round trip somewhere between Lan Kwai Fong, Soho and inevitably, Wanchai. - and now so completely destroyed wuth a hangover, I’d be merrily flashing Kat my pubes at the door and drinking in this damned fine venue with the exceptionally fine people it attracts. I’m absolutely damned sure it would be a thousand times better than the foolery, fools and floozies I cavorted with last night, and that caused all my pain today.

Water . . panadol . . . fuck I’d kill for a hit of valium. It realy is that bad. I may even break a ten year embargo and eat that crap they sell at Mackie Ds. Hmm, they got black aspirin (coke) . . .

Fuck me, I could have been eating one of Kat’s pies . . . WAH!!! :frowning:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]So you accept the ginger/pyramid building superior race thang, eh?

Okay.

HG[/quote]

Us gingers are a superior race?

Cool.

Do I get a prize? Or just world domination? Now, where’s my hollowed out volcano?

CFImages, who’s really a ginger.

Then you really, really shoud get down to Bob’s, flash your pubes at Kat for the required confirmation for what still is a free hour of drinks. Then later, after their gig, collar the Muddy Basin’s ginger harmonica player using that secret thing you lot have and get the low down on what a super race you’re a part of.

HG

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][quote=“tash”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

Sniffle!

HG[/quote]

Lord Lucan threw a Guiness full glass of Murphy’s into the street in front of city hall last St. Pat’s.[/quote]

You can’t beat City Hall. (I don’t remember this.)

Not exactly. I walked in said “hello” and you threw me through a window.

Not the big “Gobshites” sign???

That was only in jest. I am a very respectable attendee of Irish Nights with some excellent references (some of whom are no longer with us, but no matter) and am available as the Token Irishman to those venues which cannot attract the real thing. I mean “other Irish personages”. I went to two Irish-government sponsored piss-ups here in Fecking Shanghai and only stole some cheese and a bottle of whiskey and we drank the whiskey before we left anyway so it’s not really stealing.

And some of the cheese was rotten anyway. I suppose the Hilton will be looking for the tablecloth I wrapped the cheese in though.

Lord Lucan threw a Guiness full glass of Murphy’s into the street in front of city hall last St. Pat’s.[/quote]

You can’t beat City Hall. (I don’t remember this.)

Not exactly. I walked in said “hello” and you threw me through a window.

Yes, but that was done out of love. I’ve ony pushed one other person through a window that being my own brother.

He faired a little worse than you on that one.

The Murphy’s glass throwing incident was actually pretty cool, no one seemed to mind except for yourself.